Hey Vera Bradley Hipster fans - to mini or not?

I got a Vera shipment last week :) I got the Mini-Hipster, Large Bow Cosmetic, and the Lola, which I've been carrying for a few days now as a small purse/camera case and really like as such.

But my camera is a zoom model, not a slim one that would fit in the Mini-Hipster. Do you think it would fit in the Hipster ok? It's a little wider than the water bottle.

I've had a zip ID case for a long time and I carry it everywhere. I have a caribeaner on the key ring part so I can slip my keys on and off and also clip it to a belt loop so I don't have to carry a purse.

My peacock mini hipster shipped yesterday!! :cool1: I have had also gotten the hipster and zip around wallet several weeks ago in peacock - but they are suppose to me my Mother's Day gift, so they are still in the box.

Can someone try to sell me on Vera Bradley? I am not too sure what all of the hype is about. What do you like best worst? why is it so popular? :confused3

I am just trying to figure out what all of the hype is about!!

Does anyone know how long of drive it is from Chicago to Fort Wayne?

Personally, I like the patterns. And you can still get some bags made in the USA (others in China, boo). And I like the sale prices on the retired pieces. :banana:

I like the patterns, that they have lots of coordinating accessories, that they are lightweight, and that they are affordable! I've had over a dozen Dooney and Bourkes. They are expensive, and they hurt my shoulders. :lmao: The VB's are lightweight, and they have belts and scarfs to match!

Luv our Vera Bradleys.

That being said however and with the economy what it is, I thought I'd share an alternative brand. If you have Boscov's Dept Store near you (or check them out on line) they carry a brand called Ashley Cooper. I think they are less expensive than QVC's Lemon Hill brand.

On sale last week and this week are their quilted fabric vera look alikes. I was able to pick up their version of Yellow Bird pattern in a 2 handle zip tote. It is rather well made as the straps are sewn down in several X's securely. No raw edges. Has zip inside pockets, one zip outside pocket and an open outside pocket with a dogleash cord for hooking key rings. Sale price was 14.99. Matching zip card case sale price was 7.99. Matching french purses and cosmetic bags all for about 7.99 I believe. Several color wave patterns. Was a nice lot to choose from.

They also carried the crossbody bags and backpack styles. Check them out if you need a nice alternative.

Can someone try to sell me on Vera Bradley? I am not too sure what all of the hype is about. What do you like best worst? why is it so popular? :confused3

Does anyone know how long of drive it is from Chicago to Fort Wayne?

I love all the pockets inside the bags. They really keep everything organized. I also love that they are washable and once you wash them they do not fade! I love all the patterns too and the matching accessories.

I can't believe there was a VB thread here on the DIS that I missed! I love VB and have a rather large collection.:rolleyes1 OK, it's an addiction and I can't help it!:lmao: I have everything from umbrellas, PJ's, bags, wallets, belts scarves to the rolling luggage!

For our WDW trips I love the Hipster for park touring. My DD(11) uses the mini hipster. For me the mini is too small. I can fit a bunch of stuff in my hipster and it never hurts my shoulders. It's funny when we go through the security at the parks. All the guards always say they love VB bags cause they are so easy to inspect!

ack -- I just spent another $75 on four bags ... I am stepping away .... Yay retiring colors and discount codes!

To the OP: The VeraBradley.com has the hipster in two different styles The "old" hipster is available only in Mesa Red (think bandanna fabric) but it's just $20. The newer style hipster is $25 in the retiring colors. Since they didn't have the newer style in my pattern, I got the cheaper one in Mesa Red (plus extra20 off).

I purchased a peacock belt this morning on Ebay. I'm stalking the regular hipster now, as I missed it when it was on the VB site clearance. I also have my eye on the peacock hat on Ebay. :lmao:

I have the Mesa Red hipster (and matching wallet) that you just bought. I love it! :cool1:

I'm stalking ebay too! LOL! I'm wondering now if I should get the mini or regular hipster. For those of you that have them is the regular hipster too bulky to carry in the parks and on rides etc?

Anyone who actually has the VB hipster--the QVC site says the strap is only 26". That will not go across my short and wide body. The pics look like it is longert and the VB website the hispter goes to 53" (or maybe 55"--I forgot already!). Can anyone with a hipster give me an estimate of the strap lenth? Thanks!

Anyone who actually has the VB hipster--the QVC site says the strap is only 26". That will not go across my short and wide body. The pics look like it is longert and the VB website the hispter goes to 53" (or maybe 55"--I forgot already!). Can anyone with a hipster give me an estimate of the strap lenth? Thanks!

I have the regular Hipster and I just measured the strap.... 56 inches at he longest it would go:-)

I'm stalking ebay too! LOL! I'm wondering now if I should get the mini or regular hipster. For those of you that have them is the regular hipster too bulky to carry in the parks and on rides etc?

If you are looking at the two Peacock hipsters, I will not bid against you! ;) I bought mine this morning, must step away ....

I got a Vera shipment last week :) I got the Mini-Hipster, Large Bow Cosmetic, and the Lola, which I've been carrying for a few days now as a small purse/camera case and really like as such.

But my camera is a zoom model, not a slim one that would fit in the Mini-Hipster. Do you think it would fit in the Hipster ok? It's a little wider than the water bottle.

I've had a zip ID case for a long time and I carry it everywhere. I have a caribeaner on the key ring part so I can slip my keys on and off and also clip it to a belt loop so I don't have to carry a purse.

I think your camera would fit. The bottle of water does not make the hipster stick out at all. It fits right in and closes perfectly. If you're not carrying a ton of other stuff in the bag it should fit easily!

If you are looking at the two Peacock hipsters, I will not bid against you! ;) I bought mine this morning, must step away ....
Oh, that's really sweet of you :goodvibes Right now I have a bid on a Cambridge. So go ahead and bid your little heart away on the Peacocks, I always have a hard time stepping away from ebay too! Luckily, I don't win that many auctions or I'd be in big trouble with DH! :eek:

They are just so darn cute!!!

Check out www.verabradley.com and you'll fall in love. :love:

Got my mini hipster today! It is a little smaller than I thought, but will be great fro when I need just key, phone and some lipstick! (plus it was $22 with shipping!) Really love the regular hipster!!! It is big enough, but not too big, kwim?

I got my mini today, too! It's going to be perfect for WDW, trips to the zoo, Six Flags, etc. Love it!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter