HH to BCV

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
Leaving from HH going to BCV Friday June 7 - looking for info on best time to leave - hoping to avoid traffic. Anyone do this route ?

Seconding this. Last time we left around 5:30 AM. Honestly traffic wasn’t bad until we hit Orlando.

That's exactly what we do every time from NC. Starts getting worse around Jacksonville (lunchtime for us) but really isn't bad until we hit Orlando (usually around 2:00) assuming no accidents.

We always do 95 to I4. If you have an EZ Pass for tolls you can use the "Express" lanes through Orlando. Cost a few bucks but saves a lot of time.

We always do 95 to I4. If you have an EZ Pass for tolls you can use the "Express" lanes through Orlando. Cost a few bucks but saves a lot of time.

See? My experience has been just the opposite.

I guess it all depends on TOD and DOW, but I have EZ Pass and Sunshine, and I have never felt a need to exit to the Express Lanes in Orlando, especially since they've finished everything inside the metro. I go thru at pretty busy times, and while there is an occasional slow-down that tends to be brief if at all, I just can't seem to find value in the toll side of I-4 thru Orlando.

See? My experience has been just the opposite.

I guess it all depends on TOD and DOW, but I have EZ Pass and Sunshine, and I have never felt a need to exit to the Express Lanes in Orlando, especially since they've finished everything inside the metro. I go thru at pretty busy times, and while there is an occasional slow-down that tends to be brief if at all, I just can't seem to find value in the toll side of I-4 thru Orlando.
I can. The drive using the express lanes is just so much more relaxed. Small price to pay to basically have your own road and just cruise along without the slow downs and the lane changers. I now visit tops 3-4 times per year so if there are any minor delays at the time I'm leaving, I go for the express lanes for I think it's about $2.50 total.

I can. The drive using the express lanes is just so much more relaxed. Small price to pay to basically have your own road and just cruise along without the slow downs and the lane changers. I now visit tops 3-4 times per year so if there are any minor delays at the time I'm leaving, I go for the express lanes for I think it's about $2.50 total.
We agree with you! We lived near one of the worst cities for traffic, and we considered tolls to be “mental health money.” And in Orlando, where so many drivers are unfamiliar with the roads and make sudden moves trying not to miss their exit, we do anything to avoid I-4 mainlanes.

We agree with you! We lived near one of the worst cities for traffic, and we considered tolls to be “mental health money.” And in Orlando, where so many drivers are unfamiliar with the roads and make sudden moves trying not to miss their exit, we do anything to avoid I-4 mainlanes.

To pay 2.50 is nothing compared to the $25 or so I've had to pay to use express coming through the Springfield interchange down to almost Fredericksburg in Virginia, without the comfort of gliding along almost alone. Of course that was when I would leave after work on a Friday evening just trying to get into South Carolina before stopping for the night. Retirement is a blessing.

While I admit that I have never computed what the Express toll would be all the way thru Orlando, that $2.50 number is interesting to say the least. I have several friends who live in the Orlando area, and they have said the cost of the Express lanes thru was excessive. I also remember a lot of bad press about that when they first opened. Another reason I have never exited onto them during my drive down. And again, I've just never seen the 'need,' proving like a lot of other things, everything is subjective. Like some of you have said, I only do it 5-6 times a year.

We just got back from a trip a week ago and used the express lanes for the entire trip through Orlando on the way there (six days before). The tolls added up to $3.00.

While I admit that I have never computed what the Express toll would be all the way thru Orlando, that $2.50 number is interesting to say the least. I have several friends who live in the Orlando area, and they have said the cost of the Express lanes thru was excessive. I also remember a lot of bad press about that when they first opened. Another reason I have never exited onto them during my drive down. And again, I've just never seen the 'need,' proving like a lot of other things, everything is subjective. Like some of you have said, I only do it 5-6 times a year.
I've only paid 2.50 but I may have gotten on after the first entry. As you approach to get on it says 50 cents or whatever the cost is so no surprises.

In any case tolls everywhere have increased over the years. I used to come down through New York/New Jersey and toss a quarter - I'm pretty sure those days are gone.

Oh and I've had a Sunpass mini from years ago that disappeared about 3 cars ago and the account was still working as of my March trip. I also had a dead battery Delaware EZ pass and bought a Maryland one which I hadn't activated until last week. The Sunpass would pick up the Maryland tolls, and the Delaware pass picked up many of the Florida ones - at the 50 cent rate. I see a lot of chatter on here of what works where, but my experience was any of them collected and paid the bill. I noticed no additional fees.

The Maryland one does have a discount I can use which is why I canceled the other accounts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter