HHI in Feb / March?

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
What kind of temperatures / weather generally could we expect if we visit HHI in late February to mid March? Is this a seasonal resort; will there be plenty to see and do at this time of year?

If we decide we'd like to visit next spring, are we likely to have difficulty getting a reservation unless we book very soon?

TIA :)

We've been to HHI several times in both February and March. The golf rates go up in early March, so we tried February. However, at least the February week we were there it was so cold, raw, and windy, DH decided it was worth the extra money to go back to March! March has been great for us, but it depends on what you want to do. We thought it was a little too cool for swimming, but great weather for biking, miniature golf, touring around, and of course, for DH to play golf. It seems they have all the activities, but sometimes only one or two people show up.

Thanks for the response, Simba's Mom :) Biking / golfing / touring weather sounds good to me!

Have you had any difficulty getting a March reservation? How far out have you booked for February or March?

What kind of temperatures / weather generally could we expect if we visit HHI in late February to mid March? Is this a seasonal resort; will there be plenty to see and do at this time of year?

If we decide we'd like to visit next spring, are we likely to have difficulty getting a reservation unless we book very soon?

TIA :)

We have been going to HHI for years. Not at the Disney Resort. The end od Feb and early march are hot or miss. We have had great weather in the 80's and we have had 60's weather. I can tell you you will not have to wait in any lines at dinner. As far as there to do? We are beach people. We are not golfers, so I do not know besides going to Savannah, golf etc. Sping beak can be difficult depending on if it is Heritage week. This year is not!

Thanks for the response, Simba's Mom :) Biking / golfing / touring weather sounds good to me!

Have you had any difficulty getting a March reservation? How far out have you booked for February or March?

We've never booked more than 7 months out since it's not our home. One year we switched from a studio to a 1 BR at only a couple months out ("found" extra points) and we didn't have any trouble, and remember there are very few 1 BRs. Based on that, I wouldn't think that time of year is very difficult at all, except in 2008 if you're trying to book around Easter, with Easter in March.

May is plenty warm enough to swim. March can be. March 17th is St Patrick's Day, and Savannah has a blowout party.

We usually go somewhere else on St Patrick's Day. :) Mostly to the beach and, if warm enough, the wife will go swimming.

February will be a bit chilly for swimming. Heritage week is the week after the Masters, usually April 15th or therebouts.

What else?

Thanks for the info. I plan on trying to book at our 7month window for the week before Memorial Day. Are the pools at HHI heated?
Carla

As far as I can tell. We have stayed there in January and there were people in the pool. I am a Southerner, born and raised and can't take cold water. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter