HHI just back/short review

NCRedding

I've strayed
We're just back from 5 nights at HHI in a two bedroom. Had a good, but not great trip.

Highlights: the beach was awesome--incredibly wide, warm water, and a relief from the HOT temps. Guiseppes for take-out pizza; Phil & Jump's for dinner. Pool area was clean and uncrowded (except during the night slide times).

Lowlights: Air conditioning freezing up, leaving us with inside temps of 82 degrees overnight; couldn't seem to get the towel situation correct--1st day, no hand towels and only one washcloth; on T & T day, we were left with no bath towels for 3 hours (unfortunately the time when we had returned from the pool and were showering. We never had dish cloths for the kitchen and when I checked the cart this morning as we were leaving, there were NO dish cloths on it. Lots of missing items from our unit--no coffee pot (we had the lid to one, but nothing else), no blender, no mixer, no wisk, only 3 pots, one measuring cup; not a complete 8 piece set of dishes. It didn't interfer with our enjoyment; I just noted these things missing.

The crowds were still pretty heavy at restaurants, etc, but it never seemed that crowded at the resort--except during the campfire and the night swims. It was so hot, we really didn't feel like doing much outside so we didn't rent bikes, or do any of the walks. We'll certainly go back, just not in August.

Thank you. :) I'm getting pretty good and figuring out the abbreviations, but lost me on that one.

We loved HHI:cool1:

Sorry to hear about your problems.

We can't wait to go back! I guess we'll be 'forced' to try Guiseppes:lmao:

We're just back from 5 nights at HHI in a two bedroom. Had a good, but not great trip.

Lowlights: Air conditioning freezing up, leaving us with inside temps of 82 degrees overnight; couldn't seem to get the towel situation correct--1st day, no hand towels and only one washcloth; on T & T day, we were left with no bath towels for 3 hours (unfortunately the time when we had returned from the pool and were showering. We never had dish cloths for the kitchen and when I checked the cart this morning as we were leaving, there were NO dish cloths on it. Lots of missing items from our unit--no coffee pot (we had the lid to one, but nothing else), no blender, no mixer, no wisk, only 3 pots, one measuring cup; not a complete 8 piece set of dishes. It didn't interfer with our enjoyment; I just noted these things missing./QUOTE]

This is a small thing...but I don't think you automatically get a blender. I think you have to ask for one.

Highlights: the beach was awesome--incredibly wide, warm water, and a relief from the HOT temps. Guiseppes for take-out pizza; Phil & Jump's for dinner. Pool area was clean and uncrowded (except during the night slide times).

Lowlights: Air conditioning freezing up, leaving us with inside temps of 82 degrees overnight; couldn't seem to get the towel situation correct--1st day, no hand towels and only one washcloth; on T & T day, we were left with no bath towels for 3 hours (unfortunately the time when we had returned from the pool and were showering. We never had dish cloths for the kitchen and when I checked the cart this morning as we were leaving, there were NO dish cloths on it. Lots of missing items from our unit--no coffee pot (we had the lid to one, but nothing else), no blender, no mixer, no wisk, only 3 pots, one measuring cup; not a complete 8 piece set of dishes. It didn't interfer with our enjoyment; I just noted these things missing.

The crowds were still pretty heavy at restaurants, etc, but it never seemed that crowded at the resort--except during the campfire and the night swims. It was so hot, we really didn't feel like doing much outside so we didn't rent bikes, or do any of the walks. We'll certainly go back, just not in August.

Wow... that is some problem... we didn't experience that...Thankfully. I believe this is not normal. Hope you are contacting MS about this.

Thank you. :) I'm getting pretty good and figuring out the abbreviations, but lost me on that one.

:wave: I see you're fairly new here-welcome! You know, until we joined DVC, we never knew Disney had a resort at Hilton Head Island. Boy, are we glad we found it!

I just realized one thing sounded worse than I intended it to: our A/C froze up one night, not every night. It was uncomfortable for that one evening and night, and into the next morning. I called the front desk the next morning and they had someone there to "defrost" the system within one hour. It was a total of 18 hours or so with very warm temps in the villa.

I didn't mean the review to sound quite so negative--we love the resort; there are just things that could have been done better.

NC - we were there two weeks ago and also had no dish towels. Hmm...It didn't bother us as we just used the sponge and paper towels for spills etc...and of course the dishwasher. I didn't think a blender was ever in any DVC unit.

When we first arrived we also had a shortage of towels. We were missing washclothes and handtowels. But I eventually found them on the bench in the foyer. Housekeeping just never hung them up.

We loved our first HHI visit a bunch and are so looking forward to next summer when we do it again! :)

We were there 8/12-8/15 in one bedroom building 3012. We had no problems except we had no dish towel and got one 15 minutes after we called. Unit was clean and everything was perfect. Sorry to hear you had some issues-this trip was just as good as all our other times. We also got a call about an hour after check-in to see if everything was in order. Nice touch.
Connears

When you say dish "cloth" do you mean to DRY or dish cloth to wash the dishes? in all my years of going to HH, we have never rec'd a dishcloth to wash dishes (well, we always used the dishwasher), just used the sponge to get off heavy stuff if needed. we always rec'd the dish towel though.
I think in all our trips, there was always something missing or burnt out but we love the resort so much, we almost didn't notice. well, except for the year the air broke and we had to call someone very late in the night to fix it! hard to not notice that in august!

When you say dish "cloth" do you mean to DRY or dish cloth to wash the dishes? in all my years of going to HH, we have never rec'd a dishcloth to wash dishes (well, we always used the dishwasher), just used the sponge to get off heavy stuff if needed. we always rec'd the dish towel though.
I think in all our trips, there was always something missing or burnt out but we love the resort so much, we almost didn't notice. well, except for the year the air broke and we had to call someone very late in the night to fix it! hard to not notice that in august!

If you are in a rush and don't have any towels and just came out of the shower. Take your wash cloth and wring it out as much as you can. Then use it to dry yourself off. Keep wringing the wash cloth. You will be surprised how well it works.

As dry as the room is dry humidity wise you will completely dry fast.

Lowlights: Air conditioning freezing up, leaving us with inside temps of 82 degrees overnight; couldn't seem to get the towel situation correct--1st day, no hand towels and only one washcloth; on T & T day, we were left with no bath towels for 3 hours (unfortunately the time when we had returned from the pool and were . We never had dish cloths for the kitchen and when I checked the cart this morning as we were leaving, there were NO dish cloths on it. Lots of missing items from our unit--no coffee pot (we had the lid to one, but nothing else), no blender, no mixer, no wisk, only 3 pots, one measuring cup; not a complete 8 piece set of dishes. It didn't interfer with our enjoyment; I just noted these things missing.

Well we just went in May 2007 we had a blast with the exception of my husband fracturing his foot on the un mulched un even walk way and the water slide closing at 5pm. We made the best of it and still had a great time my husband was determined to have a great vaca no matter what "god bless his strong spirit" We will go back again be beware of the walkways its so easy to twist your ankle while keeping a eye on the kids.....:grouphug:

By dish cloths, I mean the colored wash cloth sized "rags" that you use for washing dishes. We had no sponge, nothing to wash the huge pasta pot or frying pan with. Guess I'll next time to pack dish cloths.

By dish cloths, I mean the colored wash cloth sized "rags" that you use for washing dishes. We had no sponge, nothing to wash the huge pasta pot or frying pan with. Guess I'll next time to pack dish cloths.

I've never seen those in the room at HH since we've been going there (since it opened practically). Unless they've been giving those in the last couple years, we didn't go this past year. We've only ever rec'd that green and white dish towel and also the little sponge (sometimes under the sink).
i always wondered why a dish rag/cloth was never provided.

Those are not provided, but there should have been a sponge under the sink.

Thank you for the review. Now I've got to go figure when I can go to HH again. You put me in withdrawal and I need a fix bad!

We really did have a good trip, so I am always hesitant to post negatives, but another thing I did notice and wanted to warn parents about--the hot water temperature in our unit (2813) was really set high--so high that the water steamed when coming out of the faucet in the kitchen--great for cleaning pots and pans, but made me a little concerned for bathing toddlers. We only had teens with us, so they loved being able to steam up the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter