HHI rooms available thru Yahoo travel and NOT DVC...

bradpga

Mouseketeer
Ticks me off!!!!!!!!!! Looking for a June ressie and told it is booked out; however, rooms available thru yahoo travel. :headache:

Travel websites don't always truly have the rooms available...when you get to the final page of the reservation, it may not go through.

Rooms are made available for cash BY DVC MEMBERS trading to other locations, like cruises, Disney collection, Adventure Collection and so on. In effect, those rooms ARE being used by DVC members on points, but the rooms are turned over to cash to offset the cost of the trade out of DVC.

I agree.......... Disney knows that HH in June will sell out....why release romms to outside vendors.....

I agree.......... Disney knows that HH in June will sell out....why release romms to outside vendors.....
It's not that the rooms are being released to outside vendors in lieu of DVC, but most likely that a HHI DVC owner exchanged out points for a non-DVC resort. Since the points are being used, their room reservation equivalent cannot be booked again using points, only with a cash reservation. Whether or not we like it, it actually protects us as DVC members and allows the $ amounts lost to exchanges be recouped, which in turn allows the exchanges to exist.

Regards

Are you told it's booked for points or also for member's cash. We were really surprised that although we couldn't get a room on points, went on the waitlist and it still didn't come thru, we had no trouble getting the room on member's cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter