Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Disney we go! 1st timers!

stacy87

Mouseketeer
Ok, here we go! My first pre-trip planning :) Very exciting! :banana:

So the cast:

Me - Stacy, 23, a 1st year student nurse. Live just outside Edinburgh with my mum, dad and little brother.

My best friend Charlotte, 29, also a 1st year student nurse! She will kill me for putting a pic up! lol Charlotte is married and living with her hubby Dave not too far from me.

This will be our first trip to WDW, and my first trip to America! We are both soooooo excited!!

This is our planned itinerary - any advice on it is welcome!

Fri 2nd July -
Travelling
Explore resort and have dinner either at DTD or in room

Sat 3rd July -
Seaworld (possibly have a slight lie-in that morning)

Sun 4th July -
Full day at Epcot, and hopefully catch some fireworks there in the evening

Mon 5th July -
Islands of Adventure
Pirate Dinner Show in evening

Tues 6th July -
Busch Gardens
Shopping and exploring DTD

Weds 7th July -
Universal Studios
possibly visit Florida Mall in the afternoon

Thurs 8th July -
Discovery Cover (with dolphin swim)

Fri 9th July -
Animal Kingdom
DTD for dinner

Sat 10th July -
Hollywood Studios
Arabian Nights Dinner Show

Sun 11th July -
Aquatica in morning
Shopping in afternoon

Mon 12th July -
DTD for lunch, before heading home :sad1:

I know we are planning to pack a lot into this trip! Please be honest and let me know what you think of our plans :goodvibes

Hi Stacy

your so lucky to be staying in disney for your first trip to florida!!! and travelling with a best friend will be great craic!
wish i could persuade mine to go but they're still hooked on ibiza every year!

your itinerary looks really good:thumbsup2, your doing mostly the same as me and my bf but none on the same days...

Just a few points that might affect your itinerary...
animal kingdom seems to have EMHs that day, not sure if morning or evening...
the day you've arranged for hollywood studios isn't a night they're showing fantasmic but can't remember where I got that info and it could be changed, i thought fantasmic was showing the 4th, 6th, 8th and 11th...it is really worth seeing!

and where is Magic Kingdom?!:eek:

will you be renting a car?

have you done much research, started shopping etc?

i'm thinking of making a countdown calendar when i get to double figures to try and channel some of my excitement!

have you got exams before you go? i've got big ones in june:sad2:

Hi Stacy

your so lucky to be staying in disney for your first trip to florida!!! and travelling with a best friend will be great craic!
wish i could persuade mine to go but they're still hooked on ibiza every year!

your itinerary looks really good:thumbsup2, your doing mostly the same as me and my bf but none on the same days...

Just a few points that might affect your itinerary...
animal kingdom seems to have EMHs that day, not sure if morning or evening...
the day you've arranged for hollywood studios isn't a night they're showing fantasmic but can't remember where I got that info and it could be changed, i thought fantasmic was showing the 4th, 6th, 8th and 11th...it is really worth seeing!

and where is Magic Kingdom?!:eek:

will you be renting a car?

have you done much research, started shopping etc?

i'm thinking of making a countdown calendar when i get to double figures to try and channel some of my excitement!

have you got exams before you go? i've got big ones in june:sad2:

Thanks so much for the info on AK and Hollywood Studios! Will definitely have another think about changing those days! :goodvibes

lol oh yes Magic Kingdom! Well, we were originally going to go to MK, but we decided not to go this year as we have so much else planned and we didn't actually mind leaving that park out. If we have some spare time though I would try and fit in some time to go there too though!

We're not renting a car - unfortunately I'm the only one who can drive out of the 2 of us, and I don't feel confident about driving in a different country at all! lol I just have a feeling that I would be the person driving on the wrong side of the road!! lmao! :drive:

I have done quite a bit of research so far! Looked into all the parks - when the best days to go are, what rides they have and which rides have FP. I bought the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World which is fab! It has so much information in it, which is really useful! I have bought myself a lovely new suitcase - holdall style with wheels and handle, and it's pink and white! :) And today I bought a couple of tops that I'm hoping to wear to our dinner shows! I do love shopping! And will be buying much more in the next few months too! lol

I should have most of my written exams out of the way before we go, however I will be on work placement before we go and once we come back! We leave for Manchester on the Thursday, and I will be working Monday-Wednesday! So it will be manic that week! lol

It'll be a good break for you once your exams are over though right?

A countdown calendar sounds fab!!! I've got so much info here, that I was going to make myself a folder to put everything in - make it much easier to find what we need! lol :thumbsup2

i know...there's so much to do its hard to fit everything in but please try to squeeze in magic kingdom...its just so disney!!!
walking down mainstreet looking up at the castle
some of the best rides, (IMO) Splash Mountain, Haunted mansion , Philharmagic, pirates of the carribean to name but a few...

you could even go on an afternoon or evening maybe after seaworld or discovery cove or some night they've got really late EMH's!

but you're right there's only so much you can get fitted in!!! bf last night suggested a trip to Daytona, i nearly had a heart attack! after quick scan of out itinerary...i just said no!!! but as you say...maybe next time!;)

i know...there's so much to do its hard to fit everything in but please try to squeeze in magic kingdom...its just so disney!!!
walking down mainstreet looking up at the castle
some of the best rides, (IMO) Splash Mountain, Haunted mansion , Philharmagic, pirates of the carribean to name but a few...

you could even go on an afternoon or evening maybe after seaworld or discovery cove or some night they've got really late EMH's!

but you're right there's only so much you can get fitted in!!! bf last night suggested a trip to Daytona, i nearly had a heart attack! after quick scan of out itinerary...i just said no!!! but as you say...maybe next time!;)

I will definitely try my hardest to fit it in somewhere :) I know my friend is dying to go on the Pirates of the Carribean Ride, so I'm sure I can convince her! lol

How far is Daytona from Disney? That would probably be a fun day out though! :woohoo:

Thought I would give this a little update since it's getting closer to our leaving date!!

So since the last time I posted, we have paid off the full balance of the holiday!! :banana:

All that is left now is to get our travel insurance (next week), and the rest of our travel money!

I'm so amazed at how organised we are! We even reserved our seats on the plane the other day!:cool1:

Any ideas what to do now that everything is organised and I can do no more planning??? I feel lost!! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter