HI Maingate East

MICOL

DIS Veteran
Has anyone stayed in the Kidsuites here? Wondering about room , food, travel to the parks? Any help would be great.

I can't really help you since my reservation for HIME is for April 2002. In fact, I've tried to get the same kind of info you're asking for with very little response. HIME doesn't seem to have much of a reputation; good OR bad. The price was great so I am holding out for a while. Either I will hear glowing reviews or something better will turn up! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

I have stayed at the HIME in the past couple of years and always found it extremely good value, especially for families. I have read some of the negative comments and would put much of them down to occasional sloppy service, which you should always bring to the management's attention. The hotel's location is another big plus, IMHO. Very good for WDW and next to Old Town to provide some alternative fun.

I also have heard some negative things about this place, so we switched our ressies to the HI Family Suites. It is more $$, but we got a room there for $112 and HIME was $79, so we swtiched;. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about HIFS.

Last year (before I vowed never to stay off-site again) we stayed at HIME for two nights on the way up to Tallahassee and then one night on the way back down.

There are two primary sections of the hotel (front & back) The room we had in the front (on the way up) was fairly decent, not great, but not too bad.

On the way back down, however, we were given a room in the back section and it was a disaster, in very bad condition. Unfortunately, Nat fell asleep right after we checked in and a move was not prudent.

We paid $42 a night for a standard room with a discount coupon found on travelsaverguides.com

Now we stay at the All Stars for $49. Can't even begin to describe the difference in value.

HI Family Suites is much nicer, Holiday Inn Sunspree (which has kidsuites) is a good bit nicer, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter