High Chairs for younger babies?

hskaggs11

Mouseketeer
We are planning to go in August with our then 6mo son. He's very small for his age, only weighing 12lbs at his 4month checkup. As of now (a little under 2 months to go) he's not able to sit-up unassisted, and is still a bit wobbly in his bumbo seat. He cannot sit in a regular wooden restaurant-style high chair. We were only planning on taking the stroller, (without the car seat) with us to the parks. Does Disney have anything in the way of high chairs for younger babies?? I know they frown upon letting strollers into the table-service restaurants.

My sister's son was a preemie. He's almost a year now and can sit up on his own, but he is still tiny (he was 5 weeks early, 5 lb 6 oz at birth). She carried a small pillow with her (like one you'd get for an airplane) to prop him up in restaurant high chairs at that age and it worked well for them.

I know some people wear small babies when they eat as well.

Your other option would be to just hold him.

Disney has 2 styles of high chairs that I've seen - the wooden ones like you find at most restaurants and a plastic version with a higher back. They are "one size fits all."

We are planning to go in August with our then 6mo son. He's very small for his age, only weighing 12lbs at his 4month checkup. As of now (a little under 2 months to go) he's not able to sit-up unassisted, and is still a bit wobbly in his bumbo seat. He cannot sit in a regular wooden restaurant-style high chair. We were only planning on taking the stroller, (without the car seat) with us to the parks. Does Disney have anything in the way of high chairs for younger babies?? I know they frown upon letting strollers into the table-service restaurants.
My youngest is also a preemie and about the same size as yours (maybe a little smaller). We've always kept our babies in an Ergo or similar carrier while eating if they don't have a car seat or stroller available. The curved neck pillow idea (esp if we can find an inflatable one that could be easily stored) also sounds good.

We will have mostly character breakfasts, around 9-10am; and dinners (about half at signatures), usually around 7pm.

I know in October when we ate at Yachtsman, there was a couple that had a stroller at the table with them, it was in the recline position as their LO was sleeping. It may be why they were allowed with it. I think we were eating around 9pm though.

We plan on doing QS lunches (if we are even hungry after our breakfasts), getting it to go and eating somewhere in the shade with the stroller.

Our 3 year old was asleep in the stroller when we arrived at Be Our Guest for our dinner reservation last December. The girl at check in asked if we had any strollers we would like to bring in. I asked, "Oh, is that allowed?" She said, "Yes, if they're really little or sleeping or something." I said he was sleeping, and she said okay. No one tried to stop us from bringing it in, so it's possible this is common practice, at least at BOG.

My guy slept through dinner and he's asleep in our Beast pictures. Poor little guy never got to meet the Beast (a favorite of both my boys). We're going to try again this year!

This never came up anywhere else, and I didn't ask (I'd rather not try to navigate a stroller through a crowded restaurant anyway, though it was not too difficult at BOG), so I don't know if any other restaurants have a similar policy.

I was there last July with my 4 month old and allowed to bring in my stroller (graco modes) in bassinet mode to Tusker House and Kona Cafe. No problems at all.

We brought our 7 week old two years ago. The only two restaurants that didn't allow me to bring in the stroller were The Plaza and 1900 Park Fare

Thanks Hope Soda, tanyali26, and TinkLoverSam! That makes me feel more at ease about going to restaurants knowing it's a possibility to take the stroller. I'll still have my Tula (or other soft-sided carrier, I'm wanting one more heat-friendly), so I won't be completely SOL if they won't let the stroller in.

How about bringing a few blankets to put around him in the high chair to tighten it up? That's what I did with my daughter's when they were still a little wobbly in the highchair but too big for the car seat.

My oldest was an early baby as well (4 weeks early 5lbs 7 oz) and I wore him a lot (though didn't go to Disney). We took my daughter when she was 8 months old, and while she had no trouble sitting in the regular high chair, we did take the stroller in twice when she was asleep. We didn't even ask - I was just going to wake her up, but they said she was fine and we could bring her in. I would re-evaluate closer to your trip, as he might be better at sitting, but I do think a boppy or something similar may help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter