Highest paying role w/ disney college program?

now im sitting here paranoid and can't go to sleep lol i can't wait to till tmw so i can see if i can talk to a recruiter and get everything straightened out and do what i shd have done initially.... thk u again :wizard:

Sorry for the kind of unfriendly welcome--just didn't want you to get messed up later in the process in case things don't match up. Better to fix it now! Review the application requirements and give your recruiter a call back. If you're still qualified you'll be great and you'll be able to sleep at night. :)

Welcome to DIS--looking forward to hearing more from you. You seem like you would be a good, friendly person to work at Disney. Good luck!

Sorry for the kind of unfriendly welcome--just didn't want you to get messed up later in the process in case things don't match up. Better to fix it now! Review the application requirements and give your recruiter a call back. If you're still qualified you'll be great and you'll be able to sleep at night. :)

Welcome to DIS--looking forward to hearing more from you. You seem like you would be a good, friendly person to work at Disney. Good luck!
I agree with this comment. Get in touch with your recruiter :) .

:sick: yeah it is always best to tell the truth but i am enrolled in school i have taken more than 1 semester and when i read the requiremnts for the program it said must be enrolled in school and have taken at least 1 semester and can not be on any breaks and i fit all that requirement right there and i contacted my school to see if there were any other requirements and they told me no i am good so when i was doing the interview she was asking questions and i was like yes yes no yes etc and when she said are you at least enrolled i was like yes and she finished with taking at least 1 class and went on to the next question and i didnt interrupt and say wait no im not taking any classes this semester.....:guilty: now im wishing i did cuz she might have said that is ok just as long as im still enrolled and have taken at least 1 semester (im a sophmore now but my classes got dropped for reasons out of my control long story)

Wait...so you just said yourself you met all the requirements including not being on a break. I would consider not taking any classes for 5 months a break.

Edit: Btw, I suggest using a spell check or at least some punctuation. No one likes reading a run on sentence as long as a novel. If you show some sort of care in your posts then people will be more willing to understand.

Sorry for the kind of unfriendly welcome--just didn't want you to get messed up later in the process in case things don't match up. Better to fix it now! ]Review the application requirements[/URL] and give your recruiter a call back. If you're still qualified you'll be great and you'll be able to sleep at night. :)

no plm at all you guys weren't unfriendly just being helpful and answering my concerns thk u much :goodvibes

no plm at all you guys weren't unfriendly just being helpful and answering my concerns thk u much :goodvibes
I agree with this comment. Get in touch with your recruiter :) .
thk u i did :thumbsup2

Wait...so you just said yourself you met all the requirements including not being on a break. I would consider not taking any classes for 5 months a break.

Apparently disney doesn't consider that to be a break because I got in touch with them this morning and they said it is ok ;)

Edit: Btw, I suggest using a spell check or at least some punctuation. No one likes reading a run on sentence as long as a novel. If you show some sort of care in your posts then people will be more willing to understand.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I didn't know I needed to be grammatically correct on a message-board. The other boards that I've been on don't have the same requirements. People on the boards I am more familiar with type freely but so that the readers can understand. I didn't think the stuff I was typing wasn't easy to understand. I will practice using punctuation on here from here on out. I like to read quick and simple post too but I had a lot on my mind and things I was concerned with so I was rambling while typing. Better luck with you next time I suppose. :confused3 perhaps I already started another novel again this time :rolleyes:
thk u for taking the time to read this post to you and everyone else. Most of my post on here will be quick and simple rather than lengthy like this one. I hate long posts too but sometimes that is the only way I know how.

Sorry, I didn't know I needed to be grammatically correct on a message-board. The other boards that I've been on doesn't have the same requirements. People on the boards I am more familiar with type freely but so that the readers can understand. I didn't think the stuff I was typing wasn't easy to understand. I will practice using punctuation on here from here on out. I like to read quick and simple post too but I had a lot on my mind and things I was concerned with so I was rambling while typing. Better luck with you next time I suppose. :confused3 perhaps I already started another novel again this time :rolleyes:

It's totally fine, dont worry about it. It just takes a while for us to understand what you write if it is a giant run on. Personally took me about 3 reads to understand your last post. Just trying to help!

It's totally fine, dont worry about it. It just takes a while for us to understand what you write if it is a giant run on. Personally took me about 3 reads to understand your last post. Just trying to help!
:thumbsup2
My apologies again. I read back and I do see how it may require a few reads to understand. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and understand. I used to be a relay operator until recently and we were not allowed to use punctuation when typing conversations to the tty or ip relay user. It is a habbit that I will break :angel: lol

I think at this point everyone makes over 7 dollars an hour. My letter for attractions said 7.14. However can i give you a work of advice. Dont apply for a role just because it makes more money than the others. You will be working hours and you want to be doing somethign that you like. Yes QSFB might make the most money but I know personally I would not want to be selling mickey ice cream bars in the sun for 6 months so I would rather take the pay cut and work somewhere else. Thats just my two cents.

absolutely right!

Ultimately, I would pick roles that would make you happy. You want to have a quality experience at Disney, right!? SO pick your role based on your likes and not on money. You'll make enough money to survive no matter what you do....

Ultimately, I would pick roles that would make you happy. You want to have a quality experience at Disney, right!? SO pick your role based on your likes and not on money. You'll make enough money to survive no matter what you do....

Exactly!!:thumbsup2

I would also say to pick the roles that would make you happy but my reason is because you won't make hardly any money regardless of what you choose, so you might as well be happy in the process. :)

I think my glass is half empty tonight.

I would also say to pick the roles that would make you happy but my reason is because you won't make hardly any money regardless of what you choose, so you might as well be happy in the process. :)

That's not true. In 2006, I brought home over $3000, and last summer I took home almost $1000. And both times I didnt have one of the higher-paying roles either.

That's not true. In 2006, I brought home over $3000, and last summer I took home almost $1000. And both times I didnt have one of the higher-paying roles either.

You are probably one in a million - did you ever go out at all? Did you pick up a ton of extra shifts? This is the oddest thing I've heard come out of the CP... and I know A LOT of people that have done it... i mean, good for you but there is no way you were able to live it up down there coming home with 3000?

You are probably one in a million - did you ever go out at all? Did you pick up a ton of extra shifts? This is the oddest thing I've heard come out of the CP... and I know A LOT of people that have done it... i mean, good for you but there is no way you were able to live it up down there coming home with 3000?

Yes, I did go out. I went to several of the table-service restaurants (including CRT for my birthday). And I was able to attend 3 of the Halloween parties and one of the Christmas parties (in 2006) and 1 of the P&P parties last year. I didn't just sit in my apartment all day.

Yes, I did go out. I went to several of the table-service restaurants (including CRT for my birthday). And I was able to attend 3 of the Halloween parties and one of the Christmas parties (in 2006) and 1 of the P&P parties last year. I didn't just sit in my apartment all day.

I am going to jump in here -- my daughter didn't bring home 3000 - but she came home with over 1000. And she went out alot - she was at the parks pretty much always on her days off - she did a couple of the parties too. I know she ate out alot as well. She spent alot of money on pins and did alot of shopping.

Now she didn't have a vehicle so she saved on that expense but still she was able to come home with over 1000. She did get alot of hours (she worked at a busy attraction) but she didn't pick up alot over what she was scheduled.

Liz

I was mostly attempting a joke about the low pay but it's great to know that you were able to bring that much home and have some fun while you were there.

Right - well right there is why you came home with so much money. Most CP'S go out out, not just park stuff. Trips, dinners, etc. I wasn't saying you stayed in all day, but I would definitely hope that you got out with your friends other then just the parks... YIKES!

Right - well right there is why you came home with so much money. Most CP'S go out out, not just park stuff. Trips, dinners, etc. I wasn't saying you stayed in all day, but I would definitely hope that you got out with your friends other then just the parks... YIKES!

For the most part, the roomies I hung out with only did stuff in the general area. They weren't interested in doing stuff off-site (although, I hope to be able to get to Universal at some point on my next CP).

thx. I was afraid that I may not make enough to pay my car insurance ( I'm just not going to bring my car so I can cancel my insurance for that time). I'm going to sacrifice some other stuff too, because this seems like a cool experience! :cool1: Like you and a lot of other people said lol it is well worth it! I marked roles that I liked or knew I could do. I've gotten a few different opinons. This one girl I was talking to about the program said that merchandise and qsfb was one of the least paid, but on here someone said it is the highest :confused3 the qsfb that is. As long as I can get paid at least 7.00/hr. I wont worry that much. I can't wait to see which role I will be if I get accepted so I can start managing my finances a little before I get there. I'm ok to do anything at this point. I just want to be apart of the program now. I've heard of some folks claiming to not be able to eat and survive lol. I think they just didn't manage their finances. After reading you guys' post I see that I will be able to make it since I can get overtime. I'm gonna stop reading the horror stories. Some sites even have people claiming that disney takes out more money out their check then they are suppose to. I hope that isn't true. I'm gonna stick to this site for all my disney info. There are too many rumors out there.

:rotfl: yeah... I can handle not making much money since I will be at DISNEY! :woohoo: (hopefully)
:laundy:

Over what course of time? Was this after the program was over? Wow I can see being able to bring home 1,000 dollars but 3,000 WOOOOOW. That is cool. Was this over a course of 5 months W/ a lot of overtime?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter