• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Highest rates ever at Swan/Dolphin

Gator Kate

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We just booked MNSSHP for 10/15 and thought we'd stay at one of these. I was shocked to see one night at the Dolphin at $1,348.00. We stay at these resorts regularly and not even Christmas is this high, running around $400 for a balcony at Swan. I assume it's due to the event. We ended up at AK Lodge for $446. We love the Epcot resorts and are disappointed to stay elsewhere but none of them were reasonable and availability was slim. It's been at least 25 years since we've attended MNSSHP. Are these inflated resort prices usual?

We just booked MNSSHP for 10/15 and thought we'd stay at one of these. I was shocked to see one night at the Dolphin at $1,348.00. We stay at these resorts regularly and not even Christmas is this high, running around $400 for a balcony at Swan. I assume it's due to the event. We ended up at AK Lodge for $446. We love the Epcot resorts and are disappointed to stay elsewhere but none of them were reasonable and availability was slim. It's been at least 25 years since we've attended MNSSHP. Are these inflated resort prices usual?
They are usual if you hit a convention because they basically have no rooms available. Swolphin is a very dynamic pricing model, unlike Disney resorts. (But no, normal people aren’t paying $1k a night for Swolphin 🤣 )

If you are interested in staying there, just keep checking. As PP noted, Swan/Dolphin pricing is dynamic and, when you see pricing that high, it typically means there is a convention happening. As you get closer to the dates of the convention, sometimes room blocks are dropped (because they didn't book as many rooms as were originally held for convention participants) and the prices start to drop. I don't know if I, personally, would want to stay there during that convention, however.

You might want to just purchase some DVC points a book a room at BWV or one of the other resorts.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I suspected it was more then just MNSSHP that was causing the rate hike. We avoid crowded resorts so are tucking ourselves away at AKL this trip.

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I suspected it was more then just MNSSHP that was causing the rate hike. We avoid crowded resorts so are tucking ourselves away at AKL this trip.
The will be lovely! You are correct in that MNSSHP nights do not generate enough interest to spike Swolphin prices.

funny enough, I stayed at dolphin last summer during Gartner IT, and my room was on average $190 USD a night. I was shocked at this year's prices!

OP, I think you made a wise choice to stay at AKL. While I've never attended, my former team used to go annually and let's just say I can only imagine a conference with that group. :D

I've stayed there during several technology conventions over the last 20 years - and never had any issues - it was usually quieter because people were at the various events.

The rates this year are a bit crazy - I've bever run into that before - so I am watching for a drop. had to book CBR since they have skyliner to get to boardwalk\epcot area

Knowing someone who worked there, I would guess it is a combo of $$$$ and expectations...
Yeah I am sure working there during these events is a PITA - all the lifetime titanium people at the event expecting upgrades, free breakfast and a 4PM late checkout - I am sure that is not fun

I'd say it slightly differently than others, it means they have few rooms available.

Others are reporting a convention for those dates. It may be that the rooms are booked, or just that they are being held. If they are merely being held, and don't actually get booked, then they might become available. If that happens, then they might be available for a lower price when they are released.

Odds are, if you stay at a WDW/Swan/Dolphin hotel during a convention, you probably would not run into them very much at all. They tend to stay to themselves.

A Gartner Expo event took over the whole lobby of Dolphin last year (I think it was on the Wednesday) , if they do it again, it will be very hard to miss them. It was kind of a mixer thing with mini bars set up. Also one night, there was an event at Universal and the lines for the busses were up and down the halls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter