Hijack Me! Please! Go ahead, I dare ya!

Mmmm. Love me some Hunky's! The food was so good! And the scenery was always pretty good, too.

And as I recall, JRs had a limited menu for lunch. No food after 4pm or something.

Hmm. Maybe it's time for me to make a trip back to my old stomping grounds in the Big D. I'd give me an excuse to have a Hunky Burger. Please tell me the the Green Papaya and Herrera's mexican restaurant are still open . . .

I have to admit I haven't driven around Oak Lawn lately, so I am not sure what is still there.

Bob Sambol (Bob's Steak & Chop House) is being indicted for taking $300K from an investor for a cigar bar, then never building a cigar bar. Warms my heart, because he was always rude to me when I asked him to support LifeWalk. ;)

I think you and Scott should plan a Big D weekend! :thumbsup2

They only have Hamburgers/fries, maybe a few other things. Hope you don't mind waiting 20 minutes or longer for your burger to cook. At least you can down a couple beers in the meantime. I'm a Hunky's girl, *ahem* I mean BOY myself. The patio is good for boy gawking, I mean people watching.

So where are we going and what are we doing with Uncle Remus? :)

I'm up for suggestions.
Rick at Hunky's is wonderful. Just a really nice guy. Always very generous with donations, never rude to me when I would call him. Definitely one of my favorites. :) And the food is good, too!

I think you and Scott should plan a Big D weekend! :thumbsup2

That would be fun. But before that can happen we've got our "BIG TRIP" for 2009 planned already. (We're spending the night in Titusville to watch a shuttle launch up close :rotfl:)

And 2010 is Scott's High School Reunion (not saying what year) so we're heading up to San Jose for that. And probably SanFran. Maybe the wine country, maybe Anaheim. Not sure yet.

Other than that, we've got to work around work schedules and rehearsal schedules, so who knows when or if we'll have a weekend free. Pity that we can't catch a direct flight on Southwest. That'd put us right in Oaklawn.

That would be fun. But before that can happen we've got our "BIG TRIP" for 2009 planned already. (We're spending the night in Titusville to watch a shuttle launch up close :rotfl:)

And 2010 is Scott's High School Reunion (not saying what year) so we're heading up to San Jose for that. And probably SanFran. Maybe the wine country, maybe Anaheim. Not sure yet.

Other than that, we've got to work around work schedules and rehearsal schedules, so who knows when or if we'll have a weekend free. Pity that we can't catch a direct flight on Southwest. That'd put us right in Oaklawn.

It's not direct, but you can do "through ticketing" now! :thumbsup2
When we went to MCO in 12/07 we landed in Birmingham on the way there (only for like 15 minutes) and in Houston on the way back. It really was not a big deal. Never had to get out of our seats.

It's not direct, but you can do "through ticketing" now! :thumbsup2
When we went to MCO in 12/07 we landed in Birmingham on the way there (only for like 15 minutes) and in Houston on the way back. It really was not a big deal. Never had to get out of our seats.

Yeah, but do you have to pay for two "legs" of the trip, like you used to?

Yeah, but do you have to pay for two "legs" of the trip, like you used to?

I'm not sure how it was before, so I am not sure I understand the question.
We booked each leg as a one-way so it would be easier to change if the price dropped. So we booked 3 tickets DAL to MCO, and 3 tickets MCO to DAL.

I could have booked both directions as a round trip.

I did NOT have to book DAL to Birmingham, Birmingham to MCO.

I'm not sure how it was before, so I am not sure I understand the question.
We booked each leg as a one-way so it would be easier to change if the price dropped. So we booked 3 tickets DAL to MCO, and 3 tickets MCO to DAL.

I could have booked both directions as a round trip.

I did NOT have to book DAL to Birmingham, Birmingham to MCO.

Hey, you might want to sign up for AirTran emails, I just booked a RT flight from DFW to MCO for my Sep trip, non stop for $220 and it was a good time too, about 8am landing in MCO at noon.

Hey, you might want to sign up for AirTran emails, I just booked a RT flight from DFW to MCO for my Sep trip, non stop for $220 and it was a good time too, about 8am landing in MCO at noon.

Thanks! I do get those. We have never flown AirTran before, but I like to keep an eye on prices. They have been running $84 - $94 each way lately, which is not bad at all. That one December that we flew SW I think our round trip total was only about $170, which is unheard of.

Our airfare for August was just a debacle from the beginning.
I wanted to have DH fly on miles, so I paid to combine our miles into his account. Then I booked DS and me with cash. At $319 each. :scared: Then our stupid dates changed. $300 in change fees. So $1120 later I have 3 round trip tickets. Completely asinine.

In my defense, when I booked the flights the stupid gas prices were still going UP. AND the change fee used to only be $50 for DFW to MCO. I didn't know gas prices would drop and the change fee would triple. :headache:

Thanks! I do get those. We have never flown AirTran before, but I like to keep an eye on prices. They have been running $84 - $94 each way lately, which is not bad at all. That one December that we flew SW I think our round trip total was only about $170, which is unheard of.

Our airfare for August was just a debacle from the beginning.
I wanted to have DH fly on miles, so I paid to combine our miles into his account. Then I booked DS and me with cash. At $319 each. :scared: Then our stupid dates changed. $300 in change fees. So $1120 later I have 3 round trip tickets. Completely asinine.

In my defense, when I booked the flights the stupid gas prices were still going UP. AND the change fee used to only be $50 for DFW to MCO. I didn't know gas prices would drop and the change fee would triple. :headache:

I hate airlines, it's a cat 'n mouse game with 'em. :mad:

I hate the change fees, the "leg fees," the baggage fees, the other ones that will come as they try to recupe their lost profits. :sad2:

The luggage fees are going to stomp us. There is no way I can go with fewer than 4 checked bags for the 3 of us.

I am hemming and hawing about getting an Owners Locker, but I am not sure it would eliminate that 4th checked bag. :confused3

Being a Church Secretary takes all the fun and wonderfullness out of the Easter (and Christmas) season. :mad:

I have a :headache: and want to go home.

Being a Church Secretary takes all the fun and wonderfullness out of the Easter (and Christmas) season. :mad:

I have a :headache: and want to go home.

Does this help?

chocolate-easter-bunny.jpg

I might ask the same? ;)

Well, I wear heels every day for work but with very boring, conservative business suits. I've got a couple of old dresses from weddings but I'll leave it up to your imagination!

But hey, I want a little more romance before I accept your proposal ... I'm not that easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter