Hilton Head at 7 months for Mid may - September

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
We lost of our 14 year old son Aug 27th 2022, he was our only child.. we did Disney mostly every year.. but I am not sure if I can ever go to Disney again now.. our last trip was 3 weeks before he passed away... I know everyone will wonder how.. he took a pill he thought was perc and it was pure fentanyl.. so please if you have tweens, teens college age or young adults please warn them.. no experimentation is safe in today's world.

Anyway, I am renting my points for 2023 use year... but was thinking what I could possibly do with 2024 and thought maybe Hilton Head.. girls trip.. etc. wondering what my chances are for getting a 2 bedroom villa when its warm enough to enjoy the beach..

Any advice appreciated.. thank you..

I just want to share my thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

I am so sad to read about your loss.

As far as HH goes, it seems that it’s not easy to book at 7 months. I haven’t tried September, but even for March/April, I have booked during the home resort time, and wasn’t able to add on a night or two. For June and July the home resort booking is very necessary. I think I have read that August is possible.

Last edited:

Sincere condolences to you and your family. I can't even begin to imagine.

Firstly, I wanted to say that I am very sorry for your loss.

As for HHI, it is very difficult to book during the summer months at the 7 month mark. It's doable but not easy. June and July will be extremely difficult unless you own there. Be flexible with dates and room types.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Of HH's 102 villas, 76 are dedicated 2BRs (21 are 2BR lock-offs and 5 are GVs). Unlike other HH rooms that can have issues at 7-months out from mid-May through Sep, the dedicated 2BRs are very often available with possible exceptions for holiiday times (and for July 4 time that means last week of June through July 7)

Last edited:
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear son, my deepest condolences

I am so sorry for your loss.

My friend (couple) books Hilton Head each year in September - mostly 2 BDRs (yes for 2) because this is all she can get (and has the points).

We were lucky and reserved end of August many years ago and early May. We have starting staying at Vero but would love to get back to Hilton Head soon.

Good luck!

Adding my condolences to your loss - a friend has a similar story of "pink perkies" being fentanyl - fortunately, that one ends in Narcan and an ER trip.

(For people with teens or young adults - Narcan is available from the pharmacy without a prescription for about $50. Get some. Know how to use it. Give it to your teens to carry and let them know how to use it. And then scare the @$!&! of them about taking pills. And don't think 'oh, my kid is a good kid, they'd never...")

HHI is hard to get when its warm enough to use the beach. Your best bet is during school months - September or May, but not June, July or August. When its colder out, its pretty easy to book at seven months - we go in February - not beach weather. When we did a summer trip, we rented points and then rented ours out to cover the cost.

We lost of our 14 year old son Aug 27th 2022, he was our only child.. we did Disney mostly every year.. but I am not sure if I can ever go to Disney again now.. our last trip was 3 weeks before he passed away... I know everyone will wonder how.. he took a pill he thought was perc and it was pure fentanyl.. so please if you have tweens, teens college age or young adults please warn them.. no experimentation is safe in today's world.

Anyway, I am renting my points for 2023 use year... but was thinking what I could possibly do with 2024 and thought maybe Hilton Head.. girls trip.. etc. wondering what my chances are for getting a 2 bedroom villa when its warm enough to enjoy the beach..

Any advice appreciated.. thank you..
Huge sorry for your loss and thoughts are prayers are with you. On the question side, what is your home resorts and how many points are you looking for? I own HHI, i dont know what our plans for 2023/2024 points are just yet. Let me know your home resort and I’ll get back with you.

So sorry for your loss.
I just wanted to let you know that I just booked Sept. at 7 months (we're in a 2 bed villa) no problems. Best of luck to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter