Hilton Head or Mrytle Beach info, please

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
We are researching areas for a late July/early August vacation and would like info on these areas.

We like beaches, good amusement parks, good food, golf, and lots of things to do. We are also spoiled by Disney's standards!

Can anybody give me info on things to do in these areas? Quality places to stay, including villas or suites for our family of 5? Any amusment parks around? How hot does it get at that time of the year? Humidity?

Any and all info will be helpful. Thanks!

Claudia,

If you're looking for amusement parks, Myrtle Beach would be
more what you're looking for. Although I have not been to MB,
I know they have an amusement pier, lots of shows, places like
Nascar, Ripley's, etc.

Hilton Head, on the other hand, legislates against that type of
entertainment. There is one very small water park on the south end of the island (3 water slides only). There is also a small
indoor amusement zone mid-island. Activities on HH would be
beach oriented, golf, tennis, kayaking, bicycling, etc. Depending
on ages in your family, there is a great public skate park on the south end of the island. There are over 250 restaurants on the
island, many of which are excellent. There are four major oceanfront hotels/resorts on the island: Westin, Marriott, Hilton and Crowne Plaza. (My favorite is the Crowne Plaza). Most people who visit the island rent a villa and I can give you a
few websites for Villa rental companies:

www.resortquesthiltonhead.com
www.islandgetaway.com
www.palmettodunesresort.com
www.hhivacations.com

Obviously, you could also try to rent a Disney Vacation Club villa
but the Disney villas are NOT oceanfront. Disney has a beach house on Palmetto Dunes resort. It's probably about a mile from the DVC resort. Shuttles run back and forth from the resort to the beach house or you can take your own car or bicycle.

You can also get general area information, along with other rental company links at:

www.hiltonheadisland.com
www.hhisland.com
www.hhisleinfo.com
www.islandpacket.com

Weather in July/August at either Myrtle Beach/Hilton Head will be
HOT & HUMID. Count on it!

Hope this information helps you with your decision.

Myrtle Beach all the way!!!!

Plenty of golf, Broadway on the Beach is exceptional. A great place to stay and we have stayed at many. BEACH COLONY RESORT. THey have 2 and 3 bedroom condos. Great location, and great hotel. The staff is exceptional. They have 2 outdoor pools, a lazy river, an indoor pool. Their restaurant is great.

check out the website www.myrtlebeachlive.com, it has a list of all the different hotels and entertainment.

If you want more info just PM me.

Tony

It depends on what you look for when you go to a beach. We strongly prefer Hilton Head. Myrtle Beach is too "loud" for our tastes. We go on beach vacations for a relaxing atmosphere. Plus, we like to be able to walk instead of taking our car everywhere. You can't do that at Myrtle Beach. You have to drive, even if you just want to go browsing at beach shops. There are 2 big shopping/dining areas (similar to Downtown Disney), but other than that, almost everything is pretty stretched out, at least in the areas that we went. Hilton Head has several different resort areas with hotels, restaurants, and shops, and you can walk and do a lot of things in one place. There are also miles and miles of bike paths at Hilton Head, so you can get pretty far without having to get in your car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter