• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hilton Universal Studios

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Looking into the first half of our trip to CA this summer and have heard Hilton Universal Studios is great between proximity to USH/City Walk and a myriad of other things.

Also apparently breakfast in the morning.

Has anyone stayed here recently? Is there a better hotel (we’d be ending in Anaheim so we’d want to split stay for LA then Anaheim)

Thanks.

BH5

We are also considering the same hotel for our June stay. It's between the Hilton Universal, the Sheraton Universal Hotel or the Garland which has very good reviews. The Hilton is becoming our first choice since it is close in cost as the Sheraton, but the rate with the breakfast for 4 is a bit of a better deal. Good luck with finding a place!

We stood there in 2019 and liked it (breakfast wasn't included then) They have a shuttle to Universal but you can walk. Just be prepared there are a lot of steps when walking. It was a good location to tour other areas of LA as well. We are headed back this summer and are considering staying there again. The only thing keeping us from staying there is we aren't going to Universal this trip and the hotel is up on a big hill so we are looking for something that has more stuff around us that's walkable.

We stood there in 2019 and liked it (breakfast wasn't included then) They have a shuttle to Universal but you can walk. Just be prepared there are a lot of steps when walking. It was a good location to tour other areas of LA as well. We are headed back this summer and are considering staying there again. The only thing keeping us from staying there is we aren't going to Universal this trip and the hotel is up on a big hill so we are looking for something that has more stuff around us that's walkable.
Thanks for your feedback.

How far is the walk? And by steps, do you mean stairs? Or walking steps?

How far is the walk? And by steps, do you mean stairs? Or walking steps?

It's really close. We timed the walk from the exit of the theme park to the Sheraton and it was 6 minutes, and Hilton is even closer (you kinda walk through the front yard of the Hilton on the way from the Sheraton). You're going downhill in that direction though, so it would take longer going the other direction.

Basically, when you leave the Hilton, you walk out to the street, walk a few blocks to a pedestrian bridge that crosses over a street, cross the bridge and you are basically almost there.

The street slopes up hill and then the pedestrian bridge has about 30 steps or so that you have to walk up. The top of the pedestrian bridge is on the same level as Universal Studios.

I stayed at The Hilton in January 2022 and I loved it.

When I stayed there, many amenities had limited opening times.

They gave me this info paper when I checked in

hotel info.jpg

When the coffee kiosk Peets is closed, you can get coffee to go from the main restaurant.

They have an outside pool and hot tub which I used.

There is also an outdoor bar called Five on The Hill, which is in a corner or the carpark opposite the main entrance. Its not open every night.

There is a small giftshop which has snacks and there is a water tap to refill your water bottle in the lobby area.

When I was there in January , I stayed 5 nights and had to schedule housekeeping for one of the days. I left my trash outside the door on the other days.

The walk from the hotel to Citywalk took me about 8 minutes.

It is sign posted, so just follow the signs,out the main entrance, up the hill, then up the steps to the bridge above the road and then around the corner, first past the main theme park entrance and then over to Citywalk.

Citywalk is undergoing big changes. Starbucks and Blaze Pizza have closed. Toothsome Emporium is under construction and due to open in the summer.

When I stayed there Citywalk was very quiet during the day and many restaurants only opened at 4pm. The park closed at 5pm and thats when there was a bit of life in Citywalk, with people walking through to go to the carpark ad going to the restaurants after being in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter