Hitting the Big 5-0 is OK when it means a DREAM trip

Kim1964

<font color=teal>Was intimidated by her bug, but d
Hello!

We set sail in 115 days on our second DREAM cruise. We booked it while on our first cruise ever in February, 2013. At the time, it felt like FOREVER to wait, but now that we're down to the low 100s, it's finally starting to feel real:).

The cast:

DH-He is a reluctant Disney traveler, but he really enjoyed the cruise last year and surprised me by agreeing to rebooking while on board. He has said that he'd like to see other things in the world and that this will be it for Disney anything for a while. I am hoping he changes his mind on board;).

DD#1 (18)-She isn't 18 yet, but she will be by the time we set sail. She is amused by the idea that she can go into the adult areas this time (and even more amused that her little sister can't). She is graduating from high school in June, and this may be our last family vacation for a while.

DD#2 (12)-I just told her about the cruise a few days ago, and she is over the moon excited. Last year she wasn't old enough for Edge and she was too old for Oceaneers (in terms of what they offered), so she is looking forward to giving the club a try. She also doesn't have a cell phone yet so she is excited to once again carry a wave phone:).

Me-My 50th birthday is three days before the cruise. I had hoped to celebrate my actual birthday on board, but that would have meant a 3 night instead of 4 night cruise, and that wasn't enough for me. Even the 4 night is not enough, but DH wouldn't agree to the cost of a 7 night. (Again, I am hoping he has such a good time that I can rebook on board, this time a 7 night).

Before our first cruise, I was excited but since I didn't really know what to expect, I could contain it. Now that I know how great it is, it's much harder to keep a lid on my enthusiasm:rotfl:.

Things I can't wait to do again:
-Relax in the adults only area with a frozen mocha from the Cove Café and a good book.
-Watch the baby races in the atrium. It was hysterical last year.
-Sit on my verandah with an early morning coffee and enjoy the view.
-Sit on my verandah in the dark of night and enjoy the peace and quiet of the evening ocean.
-Hang out on CC with my family.
-Add a couple of DCL Chamilia charms to my bracelet.
-The Golden Mickeys

Things I didn't do last time and can't wait to do this time:
-Check in for the cruise in the Castaway Club line:).
-Find Castaway Club welcome gifts in our cabin.
-A mixology or tasting class.
-Palo
-Stay on the ship in Nassau and maybe do some spa treatments.
-Get off the ship early enough at CC to find a good beach spot.
-I know this one is HIGHLY doubtful and I'll have to stalk the DCL website multiple times a day and get very lucky, but I'd really like to rent a cabana.

I still can't bring myself to sign up for the fish extender gift exchange, though I'd really like to do it. I am not very crafty and I am not wealthy enough to pay others to make cool stuff for me. I've seen photos of the creative, thoughtful and expensive gifts people exchange, and I wouldn't want to be the one who didn't carry her weight. Maybe someday.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter