HO HO HO, we are LIVE from WDW and the WILDERNESS LODGE 12/19-12/26!!!

OK, I'm crying too! :lovestruc:wizard::love:

(admitdly there is a lot of emotions running around this house now, and we need good news! THIS is good news!! It may not be my good news, buy hey, I'll take it!! :love:)

After WDW we spent 5 days at The Villages and I am ready to retire too! :lmao: That place is like living in Disney World full time. :cloud9: Now we are back in Orlando staying at Universal for four days. What could be better than spending the entire winter break in Florida??? ;) My master plan of not having to spend any of my break in cold weather. :thumbsup2

I've got a question for you WDWKOOK, my Mom loved the WL CL oatmeal! Do you know how they make it? Is there a secret? I knew you'd be the best person to ask! :goodvibes
I don't know their oatmeal secret, but if you ever go back they have a binder with the ingredients in every dish they serve. You could ask and they'll show you the ingredient list.

OK, I'm crying too! :lovestruc:wizard::love:

(admitdly there is a lot of emotions running around this house now, and we need good news! THIS is good news!! It may not be my good news, buy hey, I'll take it!! :love:)
Is this in the wrong thread or did I miss something I should be crying about, too?:sad:

ETA:
:blush:
Ohhhhh, you're talking about the 12/28 news, aren't you? I thought I missed something else that happened after the free-room surprise:flower3:

Just read your TR and loved it....pics and all!! :love: Your castle and parade shots were just gorgeous (as someone said, you even take great pics when you are crowded in and feel the view is blocked)
I loved all your food descriptions and "taking us along" with you was just so much fun....it almost made me feel like I was celebrating Christmas down there too! :santa:

Thanks again for allowing us to come along with you! :)

Erika I can't believe I missed this live report!! Sounds like you had the most wonderful time. And a free room to boot!! WOW
too bad your DH wasn't there. Did he have to work? I don't think I could've been away from him for Christmas.
My mom has friends that live in the villages. I'm trying to talk her into moving there as well. Maybe when we move in 4 years they'll come too.

Erika I can't believe I missed this live report!! Sounds like you had the most wonderful time. And a free room to boot!! WOW
too bad your DH wasn't there. Did he have to work? I don't think I could've been away from him for Christmas.
My mom has friends that live in the villages. I'm trying to talk her into moving there as well. Maybe when we move in 4 years they'll come too.

Well, I'm actually not married anymore, I sort of hinted to that at the beginning of the thread but didn't want to get into it and make this too much of a pity party. I thought being away from the house for Christmas would be easier on the kids, and I think it was. We really did have a great trip despite our stressful year. I've already booked another trip for the kids and I to go back to WDW for spring break. I hope it will always be our happy place. :goodvibes Thanks so much for reading and sharing in our adventure. I'll be back with another live report in March! :cloud9:

Well, I'm actually not married anymore, I sort of hinted to that at the beginning of the thread but didn't want to get into it and make this too much of a pity party. I thought being away from the house for Christmas would be easier on the kids, and I think it was. We really did have a great trip despite our stressful year. I've already booked another trip for the kids and I to go back to WDW for spring break. I hope it will always be our happy place. :goodvibes Thanks so much for reading and sharing in our adventure. I'll be back with another live report in March! :cloud9:

OMG Erika. I'm so sorry. I didn't realize and obviously didn't pick up on that. I'm glad your boys enjoyed their Christmas away from home. I will definitely look for your TR in March to your happy place. ;)

~ Deb

Erika, I have always enjoyed your trip reports and even got to meet you quite a few years ago when our trips intersected. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. :hug:

I look forward to your next live trip report and I feel in my heart Disney will always be your happy place!:goodvibes

Erika, I have always enjoyed your trip reports and even got to meet you quite a few years ago when our trips intersected. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. :hug:

I look forward to your next live trip report and I feel in my heart Disney will always be your happy place!:goodvibes

Yes I remember meeting you! :) Wasn't that during the 05/05/05 celebration?? Hard to believe that was TEN YEARS ago!

Wonderful trip report and beautiful pictures! It was so nice of them to give your mom that room- awesome!! Great idea to get away for Christmas- especially when there's been a big change at home. It reminds all of you (us) that there is still fun to be had and life does go on, albeit different than it was before.

Erika it was actually in October 2008. We were staying at SSR (I remember talking about that) and I think you guys were over at the CR. We were at the Epcot turnstiles! So which resort are you staying at next trip??

Erika it was actually in October 2008. We were staying at SSR (I remember talking about that) and I think you guys were over at the CR. We were at the Epcot turnstiles! So which resort are you staying at next trip??

Yep, I remember, we were at CR that trip, theme park view, so awesome. :) We'll be at Kidani in March and the GF in June. So excited!!!! :banana:

Loved reading this trip report and so happy that you got such amazing pixie dust for your family.

We are going to be staying in Disney Christmas eve and Christmas day. Do you think from your experience we will be better at wilderness lodge or the grand Floridian?

Thanks and can't wait for your next TR

Loved reading this trip report and so happy that you got such amazing pixie dust for your family.

We are going to be staying in Disney Christmas eve and Christmas day. Do you think from your experience we will be better at wilderness lodge or the grand Floridian?

Thanks and can't wait for your next TR

Both of those resorts are great choices and you can't go wrong either way. :) Both have amazing holiday decorations and gorgeous Christmas trees. Both have easy transportation to MK. If you want to get nit picky the rooms at the GF will be larger, which is great if you have mostly adults and older kids/teens traveling with you. Personally I don't think I'd do WL CL again with more than 3 full size people. But if you're just a family of 2 or 3, or you have small children that don't need much space, then I think the WL CL room is fine. Which theme appeals to you more? They are very different so most people tend to feel strongly one way or the other. The GF is elegant, the WL is homey. :cloud9:

Both of those resorts are great choices and you can't go wrong either way. :) Both have amazing holiday decorations and gorgeous Christmas trees. Both have easy transportation to MK. If you want to get nit picky the rooms at the GF will be larger, which is great if you have mostly adults and older kids/teens traveling with you. Personally I don't think I'd do WL CL again with more than 3 full size people. But if you're just a family of 2 or 3, or you have small children that don't need much space, then I think the WL CL room is fine. Which theme appeals to you more? They are very different so most people tend to feel strongly one way or the other. The GF is elegant, the WL is homey. :cloud9:
Thank you, this is helpful as we are a family of 4 with 2 older kids.

I like both themes but want something really christmassy. Do they do anything in the hotels for Christmas eve or day?

Thank you, this is helpful as we are a family of 4 with 2 older kids.

I like both themes but want something really christmassy. Do they do anything in the hotels for Christmas eve or day?

The WL feels more traditional (red and greens) with a rustic woodsy theme. But the lifesize gingerbread house at the GF is pretty tough to beat. Both resorts will have special activities on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Santa Claus has set hours he'll be at the tree for photos, plus various Disney characters come too. Other types of arts&crafts, story time, Christmas cookies, etc, going on in the lobby that week. When you check-in they'll give you a calendar of activities with dates and times for all the holiday goodies. Now you're getting me excited just thinking about it! :D :D :D

The WL feels more traditional (red and greens) with a rustic woodsy theme. But the lifesize gingerbread house at the GF is pretty tough to beat. Both resorts will have special activities on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Santa Claus has set hours he'll be at the tree for photos, plus various Disney characters come too. Other types of arts&crafts, story time, Christmas cookies, etc, going on in the lobby that week. When you check-in they'll give you a calendar of activities with dates and times for all the holiday goodies. Now you're getting me excited just thinking about it! :D :D :D
Thank you sooooo much that sounds amazing. It doesn't sound like we can go wrong so it will come down to price and availability.
Woohoo bring on the planning. Thank you again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter