Hogs Head Specialty Drinks

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
The Uni site indicates that Hogs Head has specialty drinks. One of the comments says that they have a Fire Whiskey drink but there's no online menu. Any fun HP themed drinks worth making a special stop there for?

There are a bunch of really interesting ones at the bar in diagon alley. Sorry I don't remember what the name is, but its behind weasley's.

I Haven't tried any of the drinks. But I have had all the beers and they are good! I remember there being a fire whiskey and some other bottles but some looked fake. So i'm not sure what "drinks" they make, though I did see some other people getting drinks. Sorry, i'm a beer drinker so wasn't paying attention. Either way the pub has an amazing ambiance(even for non HP fans) And may I suggest changing money for Gringotts notes at the Gringotts exchange. Then use the gringotts notes at hogs head and anyplace else in HP areas, because they do a good job pf being in character!

I had the fire whisky drink last year when visiting. It tasted more cinnamon, not really heat or spicy. I liked it!
Also tried a few of the different beers.
And make sure to hit Finnagins. We were lucky to be there when a live singer performed.

We were on an adult only trip, and really took advantage of the adult offerings of Universal!

suggest changing money for Gringotts notes at the Gringotts exchange. Then use the gringotts notes at hogs head and anyplace else in HP areas, because they do a good job pf being in character!

I'm just remembering that I meant to ask about this. Have they changed this since last year? This was one of the few things in WWoHP that was a bust for us. We thought by exchanging for wizard money they would give us knuts and galleons but it was a boring gift certificate. If they had created knuts and galleons we would have kept some for souvenirs. Universals loss, I guess but you'd think they are missing out on a revenue stream there. I think a lot of people would exchange money and keep some if it was in line with the books.

We used the gift certs at stores and no one treated the kids any differently when they used them. What did the people at Hogs Head do?

The goblin in the exchange was creepy cool and singled me out for questioning so it wasn't a complete waste of time but it was overall disappointing.

I'm just remembering that I meant to ask about this. Have they changed this since last year? This was one of the few things in WWoHP that was a bust for us. We thought by exchanging for wizard money they would give us knuts and galleons but it was a boring gift certificate. If they had created knuts and galleons we would have kept some for souvenirs. Universals loss, I guess but you'd think they are missing out on a revenue stream there. I think a lot of people would exchange money and keep some if it was in line with the books.

We used the gift certs at stores and no one treated the kids any differently when they used them. What did the people at Hogs Head do?

The goblin in the exchange was creepy cool and singled me out for questioning so it wasn't a complete waste of time but it was overall disappointing.

Still the same. I agree, they could definitely improve it. The coins are available as a collector set in a little display case, kind of cool but i think it was around $20. But the money exchange is still for the paper notes. One thing I didn't like is that they take the note when you use it. I was hoping they would mark off how much used and left and maybe stamp it or something.

The cashiers/bartenders tended to say out loud if you were using "muggle money", or "muggle plastic" vs gringotts notes. Some got into it a bit more that others but still pretty entertaining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter