HoJo ?

scanmom

DIS Veteran
We are booked with the entertainment rate of $49.00/nite (2rooms), for arrival next Monday!!!! YAY!!!! Anyhoo... I have seen the map layout of the grounds (Thanks Mayjo), and I am wondering where would be best to request to be? Which building? I know we are booked for a standard room, but I am not sure which rooms are where, except for the Disney view rooms. Which building should I request and when should I request it? Do I need to ask at check-in, or can I call now to put in a request? TIA!!!! :cool1:

Good question! I was wondering the same thing myself. I was thinking of asking for the following (based on the site map and the photos from MaryJo).... (in order of preference).... bldg #3, back of bldg #4 or #6. I figured I don't want to be near the highway or right in front of the pool. I'll be interested to see what people say!...............P

I wouldn't mind being near the pool, but I definatly want AWAY from the freeway. I have 4 kids, so I am used to sleeping with the sounds of voices shouting around a pool (we have one at home...my kids are mostly teens), but I don't like alot of traffic noise. I hope that we don't get stuck there brecause of us getting a very low rate! :rolleyes:

We stayed in #1 (the high rise) with a Disney view, facing away from the highway. I'd try to stay clear of the rooms in #1 that face the highway, and #5 and #2. Pool noise would be a big problem in #4 but not #3 which behind a wall away from the pool.

The second pool between #2 and #6 was very quiet - it was not for kids and there didn't seem to by any noise problem with it.

There was a lot of renovation work underway when we were there, with whole buildings being gutted so see about a newly renovated room in #3, #4, #6 or the ground floor or the lower floors facing the pool in #1.

When we stayed at the HoJo we were right above the pool on the second floor. It was in June so there were a lot of people swimming and we were never bothered by the noise. I think being an older hotel it is built pretty solid! I can sure see however how that freeway noise would be a problem. Just wanted to say that from our experience the pool side room was not a noise problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter