Holiday Buds

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Olena, I noticed that you are going on vacation very soon, for 10 days? :)

Any other Buds taking off this summer? :)

I'll be leaving on Saturday (2nd), and returning the 11th. First up to my inlaws for a big family reunion party, and then over to the cottage for the rest of the week.

Who's next with their vacation plans? :)

I'm off to see my in-laws. I'm also taking some of my butterfly bush rootlings to my MIL. She has one now. I told her she needs more....:D

Did you know I found a plant-sitter for my gardenia rootlings? A friend picked them up last night. I hope they survive without me!

Have a great vacation...those who are taking one.

When I get back, I'll do our next Natural State thread. I can't decide between Wyoming, Wisconsin or West Virginia. Wv is the front-runner. Maybe ut's because we're going there.....:teeth: If I see any of their official animals, butterflies or flowers, I'll take some pics of my own to supplement the thread.

Chris is loading the car. Gotta run! Take care and don't let the heat get to you.

See y'all later!

Going to Tanglewood over night on saturday with Norah to see John Williams and the Boston Pops Orchestra.
the leavingthe 18th to take Norah to school..be gone a week, going to visit with my parents awhile.

Have a great time Heather.

We are going to drive to Las Vegas & then to Anaheim :smooth: the 2nd week in September. I think we are going to stay at the Grand Californian!!! We went last year and stayed at Disneyland Hotel which was a blast. I can't wait...

We'll see you when you get back Heather, and will be looking forward to the next ~Natural State~ (and your pics!) :)

Kind of a bitter sweet time for you and Norah, Vanessa. Is it just the two of you going? :)

Joisey girl at the Joisey shore....how appropriate! :) No boogey boards this summer, eh? ;)

Mary, that sounds wonderful, I'm SO jealous!!! I'd love to go to Disneyland (Vegas too!), and staying at the Grand Californian would be the icing on the cake....or the bloom on the rose....:) ;)

Hope everyone has great safe trips.

We have an exciting plans for August starting with a mini-DIS meet with some of my fellow Cruisetoberfest2 cruisers. We will be meeting in Baltimore for a 2-hour luncheon cruise! How neat is that. There are 19 of us going - Four I had met before on my 9/22/02 cruise and the rest are all new! Very much looking forward to this.

Shortly after that, we will be flying out to Omaha, Nebraska, for the wedding of the first grandchild on my side of the family. (DH's side are working on the greatgrandchildren getting married almost LOL!)

After that, it's work, work, work until October when we sail on the Magic again, this time to the Western Carribean. Wish you guys could join us.

LOL Kim. I'm completely jealous of all the east coasters that can go to the World any time they want.

Everyone who's taking an August Vacation have a wonderful time. We are sitting low this August BooHoo. We usually spend a week in Maine. No such luck this year.

I really need to get this house cleaned. It's been months since I've done anything inside and it's starting to show. Crank the air and do some housecleaning thats my August motto, whether or not it get done all depends on the weather. If it ever gets hot the house get cleaned if it stays cool, you can bet I'll spend my time outside.

Everyone enjoy your August vacations.

Yes, but Mamu, you are going to Italy in September!!! That's very exciting! :)

Housework will always be there.....waiting...

Tulirose, you must be meeting up with cdnmickeylover (Fiona)! :) This is from a thread on the Canadian board about our upcoming long weekend.

"We are off to Baltimore for a DIS meet on Saturday. We are getting together with some of the DISers going on the cruise in October. Looking forward to it. We are leaving at some point on Friday and are not sure whether we will be coming back Sunday or Monday.

Hoping for good weather."

Very cool, a F&G Bud, and a Canadian Bud, getting together! :) :)

Wow! How neat is that!! You "know" her!!!! :teeth:

Yeah, I meant to say that at this meet of 19 DIS'ers two are coming from Canada and two are coming from Tennessee! The rest are all "locals".... Maryland, PA, NY.

This is gonna be fun!

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Fiona yet, hopefully someday I will! :)

One of these day, the Buds have got to come visit Canada. Maybe a Toronto meet? You'd get a lot of bang for your buck! :)

I'm pouting now. :( I *really* need a vacation, but after buying this house in April there's just no extra funds.

Everybody have fun, and have a drink for me. :earsgirl:

Thanks for the reminder to pick up some Barcardi Island Pineapple coolers, Willowwind! ;) :)

Have a great weekend/week Buds! :) I know Nat and all of you, will take good care of the Garden. :) :)

I'm back. I'll get the next Natural State going soon. Just gotta get settled in first.

It's nice to have you back "home" Heather. :) I hope you enjoyed your trip to West Virginia! :)

I'm back too (obviously ;)), but just for a couple of days, and then it's back to the cottage. Hopefully the weather will co-operate on this next trip.

It's great to see all the Buds taking care, and looking out for each other! :)

I'm leaving again in a couple of hours, back up to the cottage. I'll see you next week! :)

Take care Buds, and behave....sort of....;) :)

Watch out for those bears...:D

Hope you're not affected by the outage.

LOL Olena, we were most definately affected by the Big Blackout!!! :)

We had just got in the car to leave on our trip, went to close the garage door (from in the car), and it wouldn't work. DH went in the house and said "the powers off", and closed it manually. On our way out of town we stopped at a farmer's market to buy some veggies. A woman there was telling people that the blackout was affecting most of South Central Ontario, New York City, Cleveland, etc. We were of course surprised, but still figured it was just a short term thing.

Once we were well on our way, we tuned in on the radio, and started to get a real idea of how massive the problem was. DH only had enough gas for a little over half of the trip, the gas stations weren't pumping (they couldn't), and we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic, unable to really turn around and go back home.

By this time, cars were pulled over to the sides of the highway, out of gas, and the big truck stops and service centres were parking lots of people low on gas and waiting for the power to come back on.

DH decided to keep going, and stay off the major highways. He was hoping we would find a small operator with a generator, who was able to keep his pumps open. I was a little nervous about this, but, we had water, fruit, garlic peanuts...lol...and PIE!!!! :) Luckily, DH was right, and we did indeed find a small station operating by generator, with cash-only gas sales. Whewwww.....

The rest of the trip up was very strange, one small darkened town after another, police setting up flairs at some of the busier intersections. We were unable to stop and use any "facilities", because everything was closed.

When we arrived at the cottage, they were on their last 3 emergency candles. We had been able to grab some at one of the last tiny stores we passed. We had seen their lights (generator powered), and although they weren't officially open, they did let us buy a few things.

It was a very, very, unusual trip!! :)

Glad to hear you were alright. Hope you had some fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter