Holiday Inn Family Suites or Contemporary?

verycool

Earning My Ears
Hello-
We are planning a trip to Disney later this summer. ( My husband and I, and two girls age 5, age 11) I've heard the Holiday Inn Family Suites is nice, but The Contemporary looks very nice as well. I'd like feedback on both.
Thanks!

Hi....we just returned yesterday from WDW and UF/IOA. I had a reservation at the Dolphin at a discounted rate, but at the last minuted decided to save even more and book through Hotwire. Ended up at the Royal Plaza in DD ($58/night). I thought the DD bus transportation was misleading and because of this, would probably never stay in DD again. The buses did not pick up or arrive when they were supposed to. After waiting for 40-50 minutes to be picked up from MK, the drivers would still get off the bus intermittently when stopping at the hotels to have a quick cigarette.

I have to admit that I was very envious of Disney's transportation. The buses have the most convenient drop-off and pick-up areas near the resort entrances, and they run much more frequently.

Although I've never stayed at the HIFS and can't vouch for their bus transportation or accommodations, my vote is for the Contemporary. If an on-site hotel is in your budget, I'd stay there.

You can reach MK or Epcot easily by monorail from the Contemporary. And....bus transportation to MGM or AK has got to better from a Disney resort than a non Disney resort. There were many children staying at the Contemporary, so I think your kids will have a good time; my DD (9 years old) kept telling me she would have rather stayed there. I can't remember what the pool is like at the Contemporary, but my guess is that it's nicer and easier to reach (time-wise) than an off site hotel for midday breaks.

we stayed at HIFS in march with our three 6,4,1 and would stay there again. you are less than two minutes from the gate with no problem going back for a break in the middle of the day the pool is great for the kids and having a second room and a living area we were not on top of each other. Not to mention my kids loved having their own room and bunk beds. We may be going back for a few days in November and plan on staying there again if we do

CONTEMPORARY!!! You can WALK to the MK! ee mornings and e nights are a perk!! AND they have a lot of discounts now, $139 is one! If you choose to drive to MGM and AK you park for free. Great transportation system also. No contest, Disney resort!! We like some of the other Disney resorts, got PO/Riverside for $99. BUT I would try Contemp for a bargain price like this! Cannot be beat. Monorail at your fingertips. When I was a child this was THE place I wanted to stay.:D
If you are going to Disney and can afford to stay there, do so. Check out the resort board if you decide on this for lots of great tips.
PS-if you are spending much time at MK this is THE way to go. To get from parking lot of MK to the actual park is time consuming and not fun when tired! Just walk or monorail over from Contemp!

I vote for the Contemporary! Especially since your kids are sooo young. HIFS may be 2 minutes away by car. But! you have to get to the car, get everyone inside and then drive which will be longer than 2 minutes to the HIFS. The Contemporary is so convenient. Hop a monorail, bus or just walk.

remember though at the contemporary you have one room at the HIFS you have 3 if you are planning to all nap, watch tv etc at exactly the same time no problem but we just did HIFS with our 3 kids 13, 9, 5 and it was great to be able to let the 13 year old watch tv the 9 yr od play nintendo and mommy and 5 yr old napped all in different room during the heat of the day. Plus everyone had their own bed difinitely better than the kids trying to share beds (always a problem) Plus the free food was a big perk lunch cost $5 for 5 personal pan pizzas with sodas ( one adult personal with soda and 4 free kids personals (same size as adults) pans and sodas) and of course breakfast was free. I think the proximity of the Contemporary is great to the MK but unless you plan to go to the MK your whole vacation the other parks and attraction will take you just as long to get to as from the HIFS.

Holiday Inn Family Suites offers one of the best values on the web ! It is one of our families favorite hotels --- www.hotelkingdom.com offers their hotel as one of their featured hotels, and guarantees the best rate on the internet for this hote ! Also, go to www.mouseplanet.com for more comparisons of these properties.

To wonderlandmom;
How can you qualify for a $139.00 rate at Contmporary? Have never seen a rate for this property this low. Would love to stay for this rate, however the best rate has always been at least $275.00 per night. Please advise. THANKS!

Definitely the Contemporary! Even though the HIFS is nice, there is only one Contemporary!

BarbaraBligh. Go to www.mousesavers.com and click on the resorts link. You can get a garden standard view for that rate with a code OR with a annual pass discount. Good luck.
With all these discounts it is a shame not to take advantage of staying at Disney!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter