Holiday Inn Maingate East

iNTeNSeBLue98

DIS Veteran
We plan on "doing" Disney and Universal, and Sea World on our next trip. I've checked the DIS and found that HIME has very affordable rates and the location is pretty equidistant to all of the theme parks. (we'll have a car and plan to drive. What can you tell me about Holiday Inn Maingate East?

We stayed there in September. Had a room at the rear initially which was little dated but clean and spacious. Then had a room at the front overlooking pool. This had been fully refurbished but was much smaller. Both rooms had TV and video, microwave, coffee facilities, fridge, hairdryer and iron/board.

Two large adult pools, kids pools, playground, laundry.

Bar and restaurant although didn;t eat there. Good supermarket.

Good entertainment for kids, magic and video shows, balloon modelling, electronic arcade.

Good value for money and in good location next to Old Town with plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

:earsgirl:

My family of 5 went to Florida in March for 11 days-- At holiday inn main gate east!!

1--YES the location is nice and convenient/Husband loved the ease of finding stuff!!

2--However....DON'T DO IT!!!

Room was never "really clean" and we did leave a tip every day-hoping it would be appreciated-NOT>
We were way in the back so store and desk were not convenient. One desk woman was so
rude every time i had a request or needed something-I GOT HER!!- made me feel angry/and after a blissful day at disney or universal; where everyone is fantastic, i just wanted to check out! No kid stuff to speak of while we were there and my two daughters standing at the kid check-in were IGNORED!!! I didn't say to much about it to management , I just decided that I would never go back and try to tell all people who asked.
so there you have it- going back to Florida in August of 2002!!

Theres alot of choices out there so don't jump the gun-research. My best!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter