Holiday weekend trip - seasons eatings!

AladdinsPrincess

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are just back from a wonderful three days of holiday magic at WDW. Here’s where we ate:

Saturday:
We starved ourselves all day because we had the CP package at Rose & Crown and wanted to get our money’s worth! Boy did we! I started with the scallop appetizer which was devine. I am very picky about my scallops – I hate when they’re chewy and small – but these were plump and soft and melted in my mouth. Came with a bacon vinagarette that complimented it perfectly. DH had the cheese platter which he very much enjoyed. We both got salads that came with a blue cheese dressing that was very, very good. We also both got the steak and prawns – excellent! Steak was very tender and juicy and came with a horseradish sauce that was very tasty. The shrimp was fried in the same batter as their famous fish ‘n chips that are famous for a reason! For dessert, we both had the warm apple cobbler, mostly because we were seated outside and anything described as “warm” had a special appeal! It was delicious though. We had arrived at around 7:30 and our waitress timed everything perfectly so that we were just finishing dessert as Illuminations began. It was just an incredible experience!

Sunday:
Skipped breakfast because we were still full from dinner!
Had a late lunch at Tusker House in AK. This is by far one of the best counter service restaurants in all of WDW. I had the salmon, which was very good. Came with rice and green beans. DH always gets the rotisserie chicken which he devours. He especially loves the mashed potatoes!
Due to the late lunch, we just grabbed a small dinner at Cosmic Rays in MK. We split a cheese pizza and each got a side salad. It was a perfect light meal. To warm up later in the evening, we stopped at the bakery for hot chocolates and cookies! Cookies at the Main Street Bakery are wonderful!

Monday:
Breakfast at Boatwright’s (POR). Although I love the food court here, I was a little disappointed this morning to find they do not serve Mickey waffles!?!? I settled for pancakes which were light and fluffy and good, and DH got the French toast, which he also enjoyed.

We had a midday snack at MK – eggrolls in Adventureland. Yum!

Before we left to drive home, we had “dinner” at Ghiradelli’s. I had the Foghorn sundae and DH had the holiday peppermint sundae. Both were AWESOME!

On a final note, I would highly recommend the CP dinner package. The food and the convenience of it was worth every penny!

What exactly is a CP dinner package? And how do you get this? Sorry, I'm still pretty new here!

It's a package deal for the Candlelight Processional. Basically you are paying for reserved seats at the CP, plus dinner at your choice of Epcot different restaurants (tiered, based on price). The lines for CP can get really, really long so it was nice to not have to worry about that or where we were eating that night. I would definitely recommend it. I ordered mine through Disney Dining (800-wdw-dine) about a month in advance. There should be more info throughout this site and on allearsnet.com for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter