"Holliday Magic" - November 3-10 -2018 (Pre trip report.. my first)

eleda72

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone :)
My name is Adèle Marie and after reading a lot of pre trip reports, I decided to start one myself.
I am currently driving my small family "crazy" with all my Disney talk, so i thought this would be a good place share my thoughts and planes for our November Disney trip.

I am 46 years "old" and I am married to Steinar who will turn 50 September 8`th
We have a beautiful young DD Amalie Marie who is 22 y.o.
Our 2 dogs (German Vorsteh) Loke who is 5 years old and Fight who is 4 months old

We all live in Norway.... (Just outside Oslo, the capitol of Norway)

Our first trip to Walt Disney World was suppose to be an "Once in a lifetime" trip back in 2001.....
Well.. here we are 17 years and 12 trips later.... planning trip number 13 and 14

I hope everyone will understand my english... and hope my spelling and grammar would not be "to bad"

The last 2 trips it was "just" me and DD, because DH had to work and we could not afford to go the 3 of us... And even though it was a bit sad to leave DH at home we had a GREAT time....

IMG_2603.jpeg

DD (Amalie Marie) and Me (Adèle Marie) last summer (June 2017)

I don`t have a great picture of DH and my dogs right now, but I will try and post one later.

This year... we are leaving DD and our 2 dogs at home, so it will be only me and DH.

I am looking forward to go on this trip with DH since he has not been to WDW in many years, and this will be our very first trip in November. So we are really looking forward to experience the hollidays at WDW

I am trying not to feel guilty about leaving DD at home, because we have had 2 mother/daughter trips without DH + We are going to WDW next summer also with DD and my Choir.

My SHOW CHOIR group did an audition this year and we got accepted to sing at Disney Springs next summer + have a work shop at WDW (I am soooo exited, but I think I will share all that in a
separate pre trip report)

Did I mention I LOVE DISNEY??? Well, my choir also sing a lot of Disney songs + we have big musical projects... This will be our 3 one... Last year we had Beauty and The Beast JR and this year we are working on The Little Mermaid JR

DH and I are traveling November 3-10 (2018) and we have 85 days until our trip..
I will try and post this now, just too see if it will be okey.. stay tuned... I will be back :)

So... I have really been "DISNEY CRAZY"... planning this vacation....
Because last year we decided to go only 3 weeks before our trip, and I felt that I missed out on a lot of things.
I have a TA who helps me with my resort booking etc... and he got us a pretty great deal for our November trip.

We are staying at POP and this will be our first time staying there...
It took me a lot of time deciding on what resort to stay at...
(We have stayed at the Polynesian and POFQ for a few days on our other trips)
Well since we are staying on site for 7 nights, money matters... so we chose POP

I am looking forward to see the refurbished rooms and hope they will be okey.
My dream would be to stay at one of the Monorail resorts or some of the resorts more close to Epcot and MK, but I think we would be able to have a great time at POP also (We don`t plan to spend much time at the resort)
I was also thinking about AOA, it looks very nice.. but I hear the Little Mermaid rooms are far away?
And the suits would cost too much...

image.png The new rooms at POP

Our flights leave from Norway around 10. a.m (Norwegian time) and we will arrive in Orlando around 7.pm
Not much more to do that day than get out of the airport and hop on MAGICAL EXPRESS.

Check into POP and see our room.
We would probably have something to eat at the resort or AOA and walk around the resort.
I am very exited to see what the weather would be like when we get there.
"Normally" in Norway that time of year it will be no snow, but a lot of rain and "grey days"
Maybe around 10-15 Celcius at the most during the day. Evening/Nights can be under 0 Celcius.

This year the weather has been really "strange" here... after 4-5 winters with almost NO SNOW
We actually had A LOT (Much MORE than normal) snow this winter.. very nice, but it was too much :)
The summer has been HOT... VERY HOT.... from May until now we have had "Florida temp" around 35 Celcius.

So, who knows how the fall will look like.... (right now if feels a lot like we got
October weather)

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.png
    image.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter