Hollywood Studios Strategies

With the initial boarding group policy for RoR changing on 11/3 I think you'll see a big decrease in the rope drop crowds. I agree with above posters and I would rope drop and get those must do rides checked off the list first.

How well did the new boarding policy work?

Hi. We are going end of May, and there is no availability at HS. Is there any chance of us getting in the virtual que if we park hop over there in the afternoon?

Hi. We are going end of May, and there is no availability at HS. Is there any chance of us getting in the virtual que if we park hop over there in the afternoon?
Unfortunately, no. Only those with DHS park reservations qualify to get a boarding groups.

No. Park hopping starts at 2:00, but the second wave of boarding groups are available at 1:00 and you must be in the park.

Ok one last question... I was able to get a park reservation for the day we arrive, but we don’t land until 12:45PM. Can I try to get in the virtual que from PA at 7am before our plane leaves? Can I try and get in the virtual que at 1PM from the airport? I appreciate everyone’s help.

You can do the virtual cue at 7 am but are out of luck if your BG comes up before you get to the park. You have to be in the park to do the 1 pm sign up.

Ok one last question... I was able to get a park reservation for the day we arrive, but we don’t land until 12:45PM. Can I try to get in the virtual que from PA at 7am before our plane leaves? Can I try and get in the virtual que at 1PM from the airport? I appreciate everyone’s help.
I know for the 1:00 time you have to physically be in the park. You could try at the 7am time from PA but there’s a good chance your boarding group could be called before you arrive. Not sure if they give you a certain grace period to show up if that were the case.

Still try at home for the boarding pass. There are numerous reports of them letting people in really late. Im not saying they will, but many cast members have been lax on the return time.

Check out the boarding group thread on the Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge subforum. Lots of people sharing their success stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter