Home & Auto Insurance

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Just received renewal for our Auto and Home Insurance. Each went up $700, so $1400. That doesn't include our umbrella which also went up but not drastically. We do bundle and have "discounts" but this increase is significant. When I ask why so much, I'm always told "because our area code had the greatest increase." Daughter will have license soon and was already told to expect 100% increase when she's on our insurance. I'm looking into an insurance broker but hasn't returned my calls yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten their renewal policies lately and if increase significantly.

Wait your auto INCREASED $700? Mine is under $600 total and that's for two late-model cars.

Last Auto payment was $566.70, next one is $582.10.

Just received renewal for our Auto and Home Insurance. Each went up $700, so $1400. That doesn't include our umbrella which also went up but not drastically. We do bundle and have "discounts" but this increase is significant. When I ask why so much, I'm always told "because our area code had the greatest increase." Daughter will have license soon and was already told to expect 100% increase when she's on our insurance. I'm looking into an insurance broker but hasn't returned my calls yet. Just wondering if anyone has gotten their renewal policies lately and if increase significantly.

Got mine last month and no change. Last year when we changed we used gabi.com Not sure exactly of savings but around 30-40 %. I highly recommend them.

My homeowner's went up a ton...my auto went down a little, but that's b/c my kid has 12 months no accidents, and they level down the enormous increase at add on (when mine more than doubled) over a 3 year period...so, it went up, too, but then I got a credit for her to actually overall slightly lower it...

Wait your auto INCREASED $700? Mine is under $600 total and that's for two late-model cars.

Last Auto payment was $566.70, next one is $582.10.
That's amazing. That was pretty close to what we paid for a 31 year old SUV and a 20 year old SUV with no collision. We now have a 2018 SUV and a 2020 Sedan and ours is $1,200 for 6 months.

Last year our homeowners went up by 2k! We ended up switching. We did have a claim though. I don’t know if it went up that high because of all the other people making claims from various hurricanes and the winter freeze.

Many factors at play, but everyone should expect increases to their auto and home insurance.

The costs of repairs have increased just like everything else. Those costs translate to higher rates for everyone regardless of your driving history or property claims history.

Many carriers decreased their rates or maintained them early on in the pandemic. Pre-pandemic driving levels are back and them some, so now you have a double whammy of higher costs of claims along with increased frequency of claims. Eventually these increases are passed on to everyone, not just those who have accidents or property claims.

Also, every insurance company determines rate increases on a state by state basis. So a single person's comparison to you is pretty much pointless. All you can do as a consumer is shop your policies annually, make sure they include the coverage you want/need/expect, and repeat every year. Cries of "but I never have accidents" are pointless in today's world. Vote with your dollars and shop around, it's the only thing keeping competition in check.

We're insured through Geico with full coverage on a 2018 Jeep Renegade and a 2010 Jeep Commander. Total policy for the year is just under $800. Home owners is also through GEICO (Travelers) and is about $1000 a year. We also have an umbrella which is about $250/year.

I would definitely shop around for coverage. We were with AAA and they went way up one year. We had no claims, no new cars, no additional drivers. That's when we shopped around and ended up with GEICO.

We are in the atlanta area, and maybe you are as well?? We use State Farm for all our policies. Our home owners policy went up a tad - like maybe $100, but our car insurance seems to be going down with every renewal.

We carry full coverage on all our cars with $1,000,000 in liability. Maybe check with State Farm.

We are with Liberty Mutual. Our car and homeowners went up a total of $670 upon renewal.

I did have an accident last year with my 2016 Mazda CX5. Although it was not my fault, it was a $5k repair job.

We are with Liberty Mutual. Our car and homeowners went up a total of $670 upon renewal.

I did have an accident last year with my 2016 Mazda CX5. Although it was not my fault, it was a $5k repair job.
I'm with Allstate now. But before Allstate was with Liberty Mutual for 35 years. My parents were with Liberty Mutual even longer. Never made a claim on home or auto until 5 years ago. Made first ever claim, which they denied, then several months later when our polices came out for renewal it more than doubled.

We pay about $1300 a year for homeowners and $1300 per year for each car, 2018s with full coverage. I would consider shopping around but not with what is going on now. Earthquake insurance is real cheap like $160 a year

homeowners went up at renewal but only b/c we increased our coverage to the max we could w/o requiring a new policy to be written-learned from friends who had seemingly HIGH levels of coverage but found how grossly under insured they were when fire hit and today's building costs were factored in. auto insurance actually decreased a bit this year, no idea why. we do get the standard bundling and multi car discounts but also get low mileage and paid in full discounts as well (paid in full saves us over 10% individually on both auto and homeowners per term).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter