Homemade autograph books...

I got my mini clipboard at Staples for $1.49. I got my paper too.

Queston - Did you only adhere the paper to the front and back or did you wrap it around the edgs too?

I got my mini clipboard at Staples for $1.49. I got my paper too.

Queston - Did you only adhere the paper to the front and back or did you wrap it around the edgs too?

I cut 2 pieces and left the sides. I would have loved to wrap the edges but I didn't try it. The ones we got were plastic, did you get the masonite (brown) one? I would think the modge podge would stick to that one better so you may be able to wrap the edges.
On the back where the clip is mounted I modged the board added the paper and then ran a rounded pen cap gently around the grommets to stretch the paper out or you'll get bubbles. If you do this just be really careful not to tear the paper.

I cut 2 pieces and left the sides. I would have loved to wrap the edges but I didn't try it. The ones we got were plastic, did you get the masonite (brown) one? I would think the modge podge would stick to that one better so you may be able to wrap the edges.
On the back where the clip is mounted I modged the board added the paper and then ran a rounded pen cap gently around the grommets to stretch the paper out or you'll get bubbles. If you do this just be really careful not to tear the paper.

I got the brown one. It was the only one I could find.

Thanks for the tips.

So far the one I am making is not coming out too good. It will be fine for this trip. She is only 6.

Wow! I can't believe it took me so long to find this area of the board, but I am sure glad I did!!!

I've been really struggling with the autograph book issue the last couple of days and trying to come up with a better idea for collecting sigs with pics later.

This is perfect!!! I love this idea and I'm going to the store right now to get those adorable clip boards!!

Thanks so much!! You guys are so creative!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

Wow! I can't believe it took me so long to find this area of the board, but I am sure glad I did!!!

I've been really struggling with the autograph book issue the last couple of days and trying to come up with a better idea for collecting sigs with pics later.

This is perfect!!! I love this idea and I'm going to the store right now to get those adorable clip boards!!

Thanks so much!! You guys are so creative!!!:goodvibes :goodvibes

welcome to our cozy corner!! Pull up a chair and jump right in. We are a crazy bunch but fun to be with. :wave2:

Sorry a little behind in reading posts.... I LOVE the Cape May Zoo, so cute... was there for last year's mother's day.

DS5 wants to be a zoo keeper there when he grows up. I asked if he wanted to work at AK and he said no. As he gets older I want to see if they have any internship programs.

Subscribing!
We are going in September and the clip boards look like a wonderful project to tackle this summer. My boys are 10 (almost) and 11, they should be able to help design and glue theirs. DD is 4 and can help design but I think I'll gule, LOL :)

I'm also trying to make pages for an autograph book. For those of you that have done that....How do you do that? LOL I'm trying to figure out in Word how to put 2 "blocks" on a page that when cut would be 2 pages in an autographbook. Then figuring out how to put text in one corner and a pic in another corner............I'm a Word newbie. I can type a print a report for school but thats about it!
Thanks!!!

I know this is a dumb question, but how to you adhere the cardstock to the final pages, or the pictures for that matter? I'm very creative, but i'm only starting the scrapbooking stuff and I don't want to ruin the pictures, but I don't want any of it to fall off either. . . sorry for the basic question, but I love this idea. I know how to make the clipboards and will be doing that very soon.
Thanks!

There is acid free adhesive available at most craft stores, Walmart and some Targets. There are several types, my personal favorite is from Creative Memories, they are not in retail stores though they have consultants like Avon that sells merchandise. you can go to creativememories.com to find a consultant in your area. Also there are a few types you can find at stores. One popular brand is Herma, this is the Vario tape runner
HMV9291.jpg

there is also acid free double sided tape,
112-136.jpg

glue dots,

displayFile.aspx

and photo tabs.

sb-PSM2.jpg

All of these are available at the stores I mentioned. The big thing you need to look for is for it to say, acid free or photo safe. I have found though that the Creative Memories(CM) tape and the glue dots hold the best.

Good luck and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask!

your welcome !! I see you are from Suwanee, I used to live in Loganville and worked at the Michael's in Duluth. Small world!

How cool! :) I've also lived in Grayson, went to church in Loganville for awhile, go to church in Lawrencevill now, and shop at the michaels in Duluth, Snellville, and Buford!

It really is amazing. So why did you head to CT?

How cool! :) I've also lived in Grayson, went to church in Loganville for awhile, go to church in Lawrencevill now, and shop at the michaels in Duluth, Snellville, and Buford!

It really is amazing. So why did you head to CT?

I forgot about the Michael's in Snellville! It opened right before we moved.

DH took a job in Boston and I have lived most my life in CT so we moved here so I had help with the kids while DH travels. My parents live next door so mom helps me and the kids go to my old school so lots of familiar faces there too.

DH is looking to move south again, possibly Asheville, NC. He's from Lilburn GA so he loves the south and can't wait to go back.
It was funny when we started looking for houses again I peeked at the one in Loganville and it was for sale again. We loved that house but it's to small for us now. It was down passed Tara.
I hear it is really growing fast out there. When we were there Ronald Reagan Parkway had just opened and everyone thought we were nuts to move that far out. LOL

Yes, I remember riding down the reagan when it was a dirt path waiting to be paved. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. It is nice to hear from people who remind us of our past. I'm glad to hear you are with family. It is easier to raise these kiddos with family around!

Good luck with the possible move south, I must say, I love it here.
Thanks also for the help. I think I'm gonna make their autograph books so I can make it that plus a memory/scrapbook. I think it would be better for memories later than just an autograph book.

Thanks!

Good luck making the books. They will love them. My kids pull theirs out all the time.
If you need anymore help feel free to ask, everyone here is really friendly, crazy but friendly. :rotfl2:

And if you feel like sharing your finished projects we would love to see them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter