Honeymoon at WDW or Aulani?

I am about to start planning DFTW at DLR and am so excited!! I may be putting the carriage before the horse (pun intended) here but I have so many wedding questions that I know will come up in the next few months, I wanted to start off with a question I know I already have. We've been to WDW a few times but never Aulani (we are also DVC). What are your experiences with WDW and Aulani honeymoons?

I don't have any experience with either, but Aulani sounds more appealing to me because (a) it's something different and (b) it's likely to be a more relaxing experience than WDW.

Also for me personally, a honeymoon or some other major event would be the only time I'd be able to justify the cost of staying at Aulani (although it is particularly bad for me with the weak Australian dollar).

We honeymooned at Aulani after getting married at WDW. It was amazing! Agree with previous poster about doing something different especially for your honeymoon! But if you decide on WDW, I would def splurge on experiences, dining, etc to make it a extra special trip!

My vote is Aulani.

I will preface that I haven't been to Hawaii but we visited Vero Beach and if it's anything like that then I'll take it. Same great vibes of Disney but not Disney World, so relaxing, and less people to deal with. It was a nice change of pace, which I assume Aulani would be as well.

I don't have any experience with either, but Aulani sounds more appealing to me because (a) it's something different and (b) it's likely to be a more relaxing experience than WDW.

Also for me personally, a honeymoon or some other major event would be the only time I'd be able to justify the cost of staying at Aulani (although it is particularly bad for me with the weak Australian dollar).
Fair point, I definitely agree with the relaxation factor!

We honeymooned at Aulani after getting married at WDW. It was amazing! Agree with previous poster about doing something different especially for your honeymoon! But if you decide on WDW, I would def splurge on experiences, dining, etc to make it a extra special trip!
What are the best splurges for Honeymooners? I’ve heard Victoria and Alberts or Monsieur Paul?

My vote is Aulani.

I will preface that I haven't been to Hawaii but we visited Vero Beach and if it's anything like that then I'll take it. Same great vibes of Disney but not Disney World, so relaxing, and less people to deal with. It was a nice change of pace, which I assume Aulani would be as well.
This sounds amazing!!!

What are the best splurges for Honeymooners? I’ve heard Victoria and Alberts or Monsieur Paul?
Yes those are upscale and splurges for sure. You could book a couple park tours or do a private fireworks cruise too

When we got married at WDW, we just stayed at WDW for honeymoon. I say "just stayed" because it didn't feel like a honeymoon. It felt more like another day in the park(s). Our other reason for not going elsewhere was that we were living in California at the time, flew to Florida for the wedding (friends and family too) and we just didn't want to get on another plane. My dream honeymoon would have been Italy and France. In my opinion, I think Aulani will give more "honeymoon vibes" and be more enjoyable. I've been to Aulani twice and another Hawaiin island once and it's beautiful and relaxing. A plus, in my book, is since you're getting married at DLR, it's much easier getting to Aulani from California.

When we got married at WDW, we just stayed at WDW for honeymoon. I say "just stayed" because it didn't feel like a honeymoon. It felt more like another day in the park(s). Our other reason for not going elsewhere was that we were living in California at the time, flew to Florida for the wedding (friends and family too) and we just didn't want to get on another plane. My dream honeymoon would have been Italy and France. In my opinion, I think Aulani will give more "honeymoon vibes" and be more enjoyable. I've been to Aulani twice and another Hawaiin island once and it's beautiful and relaxing. A plus, in my book, is since you're getting married at DLR, it's much easier getting to Aulani from California.
That does make sense, did they do anything special for you at WDW? I have heard it can be hit-or-miss

That does make sense, did they do anything special for you at WDW? I have heard it can be hit-or-miss
WDW gave us one night club level at Grand Floridian. It was a pain packing and moving for one night. Plus, we were staying there anyway but we still did it to experience club level. I'm a DVC member. If I were to do it over again, I'd rent DVC points. A 1 bedroom. More room than hotel. And with all the wedding stuff, getting ready, hair, make up, etc. The more room the better.

I would choose WDW. We honeymooned at WDW and it was great! It was our first time to WDW in early December and it was perfect. We made it relaxing because we were there 10 days and didn't stress about not being able to do something as we were at each park multiple days. It is our favorite place ever.

Seems like with all the stress and pressure of organizing a wedding, some rest & relaxation would be welcome and Aulani is the answer for that. You can do as much or as little as you'd like at the resort, and of course there are many things to experience off site too.

WDW gave us one night club level at Grand Floridian. It was a pain packing and moving for one night. Plus, we were staying there anyway but we still did it to experience club level. I'm a DVC member. If I were to do it over again, I'd rent DVC points. A 1 bedroom. More room than hotel. And with all the wedding stuff, getting ready, hair, make up, etc. The more room the better.
We’re also DVC! I’ve never rented points before (that was one of the reasons I was referred to DISboards in the first place 😅). Thank you!!

I would choose WDW. We honeymooned at WDW and it was great! It was our first time to WDW in early December and it was perfect. We made it relaxing because we were there 10 days and didn't stress about not being able to do something as we were at each park multiple days. It is our favorite place ever.
Love that 🥰

Seems like with all the stress and pressure of organizing a wedding, some rest & relaxation would be welcome and Aulani is the answer for that. You can do as much or as little as you'd like at the resort, and of course there are many things to experience off site too.
I’ve only been to Oahu once and it so gorgeous I never wanted to leave 😍

We Honeymooned at WDW for 10 nights. We are usually qs people but as a splurge for the Honeymoon, we did 5 Table Service meals. Loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter