Honeymoon/Newbie Questions

madatrub

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

Preparing for my 10/9 3 day Wonder cruise for our honeymoon. We're doing what most suggest here and going on our cruise after doing the parks for 4 days. I have a few questions...

When or Where do you make the request to be seated with "Other Honeymooners"? Is it something that should wait until boarding or should I make the call now? Who do I call if I didnt book through disney, but somewhere like Expedia?

All this talk of "sitting with others" has me confused. Do they generally sit you with a bunch of people you don't know? Can someone explain that?

Thanks in advance
Mada

Unless you requested your ressies to be linked to someone you know, you will be sitting with strangers.

Ya, I understand that much, but I guess what I'm asking is when can I request to be with "other honeymooners", or request to be seated alone? Is it done once I've boarded, or should I take care of it before the trip begins by phone?

I would try calling ahead of time. All they can say is no. I know that when we had our server changed on our last cruise, we wanted a previous one, we ended up with a table by ourselves.

We did the same cruise/vacation package as you for our honeymoon in '99, and the other 3 couples we were seated with were honeymooners. Disney does try to do this, even without asking, unless you asked to be seated at a smaller table. It was very fun. We missed having several couples to sit with the second time. We sat with one other couple and it was very awkward. Near the end of that 7-day cruise we met and sat with another group (they just happened to be honeymooners!) and ended up booking with one of the couples for our 3rd cruise! At present, we are taking our 4th alone, so we will definitely ask for a larger table! But in answer to your question, yes you wil sit with other honeymooners unless you specifically request not to. Have a great honeymoon and Disney cruise, and best wishes in your new married life! I believe you will love it! (both being married AND the cruise;) )

Originally posted by madatrub
When or Where do you make the request to be seated with "Other Honeymooners"? Is it something that should wait until boarding or should I make the call now? Who do I call if I didnt book through disney, but somewhere like Expedia?
All this talk of "sitting with others" has me confused. Do they generally sit you with a bunch of people you don't know? Can someone explain that?
Thanks in advance
Mada

If I were you I would definitely call your TA and express this dining seating concern to them. If you booked through something like Expedia and it'd difficult to get in touch with a TA there, there is a place you can go upon boarding to make requests for dining arrangements (not sure where this is --- is it the same place you go to make Palo reservations??)

Before we knew about the DIS and that we could actually call and make these requests, we went on our honeymoon and were seated at a table for 12 with three other families with teenage daughters. While they were nice company it was definitely NOT romantic whatsoever. :( Definitely regret not making a dining request. SO, on our last cruise this past January, I called ahead and told them that we would prefer to be seated alone since we were celebrating our anniversary but if we had to be seated with others, other couples would have been okay. When we got there, we were not only seated alone, we were seated in a section with all honeymooners. SO MUCH BETTER! Definitely do something about it now. If the ship is not full, the chances of being seated alone will greatly increase.

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!

Originally posted by myfourkitties
But in answer to your question, yes you wil sit with other honeymooners unless you specifically request not to.

Not always true...see my response above.

We sat with all HM'ers on our cruise in Oct 02. When we reserved our trip, they asked what the occasion was, and that was it...we never requested anything with seating, other than late seating. In fact, our entire section was full of HM'ers....at least 15 couples! It was fun! We were all still on a wedding "high" so we exchanged a lot of stories.
On the first night of the cruise, our waitstaff and head waiter came to the tables with a cake for each couple singing "Happy Honeymoon!" It was very nice. We also had HM pins and a card in our stateroom when we arrived.

So, if you haven't already, make sure your TA knows that it will be your HM....hopefully that is all it takes. If you booked through expedia, I would call DCL and request that you be seated with other HM'ers. I am hoping that would work.

Have fun, you'll love it for your HM!

Thanks for the replies all!

Two-foxes, that's exactly what I did today. Even though I booked through Expedia, I contacted DCL today and they were more than happy to help. They confirmed our reservations and even mentioned that "You're already listed here as being on your honeymoon"....I think thats great, but not sure how they knew! We did all of our vacation planning on our own, WDW stay, rental car, airfare, expedia cruise booking..and I never remember telling anyone but the hotel we were on our honeymoon.

Anyone think the hotel shared that info with the cruise people?

Either way, no biggie, they now know and I'm confident everything will be taken care of. Thanks again for your help

Mada
Sailing Oct 9, Disney Wonder

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter