Honeymoon photo session

aero99

DVC Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if the people who did the honeymoon photo session could tell me more about it. Which park did you pick? Did they take pictures when the park opened, before?

Thanks!
Melissa

We choose a package that at the time was called the "Bridal Portrait Package" but did the pictures in our wedding clothes Sunday morning before EPCOT opened. (Friday wedding) You can be anywhere in the parks in wedding attire if it is outside of park hours. Not sure about the honeymoon packages but throwing in an option...

hey there...
We haven't done ours yet, but we booked it yesterday as part of our honeymoon package... We picked Magic Kingdom as the place to have it done... and our Disney coordinator from the Polynesian, Matthew, scheduled the time for us based on the day we were planning go to to MK-
We also were told that the leather album would be sent to our home address and that it MAY take 3-4 weeks- and 20 images would be in the album-

I'm sorry we can't be more specific!!! It's all we know for now!!!
Congratulations to you!!! Enjoy!
~Lauren and Jeff

Thank you for the information. Our honeymoon is still a good way away. Could you let me know how it went when you get back?

Thanks and Congrats!!

Melissa

I'll be glad to get back with you on this when we return... It is just 3 weeks away!!!!
Just out of curiousity...are you cruising, too?? Did you get the honeymoon escape package??

~Lauren
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

MY DH and I did the portrait package (as part of the Honeymoon package) at MK. It was incredible!!!!! It took about an hour and our photographer was humorous! My big advice to you is not to wear your comfy park clothes.....dress up! We wore what I would call casual nice. I wore a skirt and a colorful tank top under a nice short sleeved blouse. My husband wore a polo shirt and nice khaki shorts. We saw a couple who left on their session right after ours and they had on their dunning shorts, tank tops, and fanny packs...I guarantee that they regreted it when they got their pics back!

First, he took us around Main Street to do some "goofy" poses at the barber shop, playing checkers, and then kissing in the Emporium with a Mickey and Minnie doll in our hands. We also had shots with Mickey, Chip and Dale, and the Mayor of Main Street because they had just come out in front of the castle. Had some great shots on the carosel and by the Steamboat. The coolest shot was when he opened a gate and let us up some stairs on the back of the castle and we have our fav shots there. Oh, another piece of advice...you meet your photographer outside the info place inside the kingdom on the left (how stupid I'm blanking on the name right now!!!!) We weren't told where to go in MK for the session so we asked at GR and no one knew there either...very odd....and it took 15 min. of phone calls before someone knew.

You get a fabulous white leather album with gold lettering and pictures on the front and they have selected the best pics to fit. What I also thought was great was that they included all of the other pictures, too, that didn't fit. It came in three weeks, which I thought was amazing.

All in all, well worth it!!!!! I'm so excited for you two! Hope your experience is as awesome as ours!!!! Congratulations!

kjs1976:wave:

Oh, and wear your honeymoon pins that come with your package when you check in!! The characters all did cool things with us...Mary Poppins announced to the crowd that we had just gotten married and led the crowd in a big hip-hip horray! And the CMs are fun with it too!!!

kjs1976

Thanks for the info!!! I'm getting SOOOOOO excited!!! Just two and a half weeks left!!

In all, how many pictures did you get??

A question about the Palo and the massage... Did someone call you prior to sailing to help arrange those things?? We were told that would happen...and we did receive a call from the honeymoon coordinator at Poly...but not a call from anyone about the ship stuff yet... Should we call them and nag a little? or is 2.5 weeks still enough time to wait for someone to call?

Congrats to you :) and thanks for sharing!

~Lauren and Jeff:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I would say we got approx. 20 pics in the album and about five or six extra that didn't fit. Keep in mind that you will be posing for some goofy ones, some cute ones, and some serious (I mean more portrait like) ones, so don't be worried if you start out with the goofy ones!

Call about your other package perks that you mentioned in your last reply. We were given a "coordinator" but she didn't do much and I was the one who was supposed to call...not her. I was given a number and that was it. She wasn't too helpful.

Hope you have an awesome time!!! Live it up!

kjs;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter