Hong Kong Disney

Does anybody know the best time of year to go to Hong Kong Disney and how does it differ from WDW?
Hi! Are you asking this from an ABD point of view, or just as a Park? This Forum is dedicated to Adventures by Disney, and they haven't included Hong Kong Disney on their China trip for a while. They just added it back for 2014.

I'm going to move this post to the Hong Kong Disney sub-Forum. You should get more answers to your questions there.

Sayhello

Hi, and your question is a great question.

I will tell you that if you can plan into your trip, plan to be in the park Monday to Friday. Still I go on Saturday and Sunday, it is only a bit more crowded. One cannot compare HKDL to WDW, night and day is the best way I can put it.

The weather is another issue. Hong Kong summers are hot, humid, and rain rain rain. There really is no spring and fall, but we like to pretend here that there is this time of year. It is funny, the leaves do not change colour, they just fall off the tree. Thus the winter time is the best time of the year. Hong Kong weather during the winter is cool, dry, and sunny everyday. If you allow me to suggest, I really like September, through to January. The Halloween party that HKDL puts on is really fun, and the locals really get into the action. Christmas is less and less every year as the mainland Chinese do not celebrate Christmas. I would also suggest that you stay clear of the month of February as this is the Chinese new year celebration, and HKDL is a nut house. I do not go to the park any time during the month of February.

I hope I have helped a bit, but please do ask questions.

It's the magic at Hong Kong Disneyland, enjoy!

There is only one park at HKDL compared to 4 parks at WDW. The park is like Magic Kingdom.
If you decide to stay on site (on either of the two resorts), there is a bus that will take you from your resort to the park. But it is walkable.

We stayed at the HKDL Hotel and it was a 10 minute walk. It will be closer to 15 - 20 minutes from the Hollywood Hotel.

The official site (which I think is rubbish) says that HK has four distinct seasons but then again, we say that in Chicago too and we really have two; cold and not as cold.

We're thinking of planning our trip for Spring 2015; specifically somewhere in the mid March-mid April range.

1. What is the weather like at that time of year?
2. How does the weather affect the crowds (if we go during the week)?
3. I can't seem to get a public holiday calendar this far in advance. What public holidays (or school holiday periods) might I be affected by if I go at that time of year?

Thanks to the people who have responded to threads and posted great TRs.

I have been twice early-mid March both times, and the weather was perfect! On our first visit it was pretty misty and cloudy the whole time except for our last day which was beautiful and sunny. The second time I went it was a very nice temperature AND not too cloudy either, much better for views :rotfl: I wouldn't say it was warm enough for swimming though if that's what you're after (but coming from a cold climate you may think differently!).

Both times we went were very quiet, probably the second time was more so, not sure why. A lot of rides were walk ons, the only one that was busy (half an hour wait) was Winnie the Pooh, and the fastpasses were not in action either. We just went early the next day and it was only a 15 minute wait then. We were having a snack at the bakery when there was an announcement that the parade would be starting in 10 minutes - we walked right up to the curb and got great front row spots!

PIO went a couple of weeks after us in 2012, and it seemed to be quite a bit busier when she was there. I think she was also there for some sort of public holiday or festival. You can probably find out what it was if you have a quick browse of her TR. Of course there will be Easter too, but not sure if that's a big deal in HK :confused3 Maybe HKD Rob can help us out with that one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter