Honolulu in TIER 4!!!

Anyone know what they do if you plan for your final leg based on flight time, and then your flight is delayed and you're technically "outside the window?"

Anyone know what they do if you plan for your final leg based on flight time, and then your flight is delayed and you're technically "outside the window?"
Yes. Flight delays are "grandfathered in." There was a report on here (or maybe Facebook) of a AA flight from Dallas that left 20 hours late, and they were all OK, even though most had timed out at that point. The Hawaii Travels site does have that stated somewhere. If I find it, I will edit and add the link. EDIT: Sorry, I dumped my folder with all my links in it as I'm done travel for this year.

Last edited:
Yes. Flight delays are "grandfathered in." There was a report on here (or maybe Facebook) of a AA flight from Dallas that left 20 hours late, and they were all OK, even though most had timed out at that point. The Hawaii Travels site does have that stated somewhere. If I find it, I will edit and add the link.
I figured as much, but thank you so much for the info. That eases my anxious mind. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter