hoop de do revue

Mogs30

Mouseketeer
What are peoples opinions on this. Go or not. We have reservations already for next February. Will be for our first night there, but my father is kind of skeptical about going. There will be 9 of us in the group. I am hoping to be booked far enough in advance to have front row seats. Thought it was a good way to start our trip. Also we are staying at the Music resort. Any better ways to get there other than taking downtown bus. I heard some people mention about taking bus to MK, then taking boat or something from there. Any help would be great. Thanks PS: I love this sight, my DH has no excitement about WDW. I only got him talked into it for our 15th anniversary and also our daughters 11th b-day. Glad I have you people to share excitment with.

We did the HDD with a group of 6 and we all had fun. I can't help you on seating--we sure didn't book as far ahead as you and had seats in the middle that were good.

We liked the food and the show--dadgum it just costs so much! We tried to get my mom to go once, and she WOULD NOT when she saw the cost. Don't you hate feeling the pressure of making big plans and hoping everyone else is happy?!? Sorry that I can't help you feel much better about HDD--it really depends upon your group.

In February you could probably take the boat from MK for the early show and then take a bus back. If you have a car(s) you could drive--park at the main FW parking lot and take a bus. And I've heard that they are working on the FW bus routes, so there may be an easier way by then.

We all get excited about our trips here, so you are certainly welcome to feel excited with us!

56 days to go

Thanks, and I am very excited about the trip, even though it is 10 months today!!! Away. I am driving my DH crazy already and we have a wait yet till the trip. I am planning this whole thing for the 9 of us, range in ages from 7 years and oldest is 59. (he is the skeptical of the group). I hope he enjoys himself. And you are right--it is spendy but hey it's WDW and we are on vacation after all. This is our first real trip. We have a Travel trailer and camp on most vacations, and our daughters first time ever flying from MN. Glad to know I'm not crazy for getting all giddy about WDW. :)

We went to HDHR while staying at the ASMo and we were quite concerned about the transportation. We asked several people and got several different answers. We almost drove but decided to take the advice of the CM at the desk of the resort. We took a bus to MK, and then caught a boat to FW. The boat let us off a short walk from the show. We had allowed like 2 hours for this but it took well under an hour. We enjoyed the extra time at the camp ground. Our return plans were to take a bus to DD and catch a bus to our resort.However upon exiting the show we found they had buses lined up going directly to all the resorts. Simple and easy. BTW, we loved the show and food. It was our last night treat.

Jordan's mom

Taking the bus from AS to MK then taking the boat to FW is a nice way to travel. The dock is a very short walk from pioneer hall (where the HDD is held) Booking early is the key to getting a good seat, You should be right near the front. I dont think they put any large groups at the tables against the stage because they cant seat people all the way around the table. There really isnt a bad seat in the place, The cast members move around the audience quite a bit. If you have a special event (anniversary or birthday) be sure to tell your server.
If your family doesnt have fun at HDD I would leave them home from now on and travel by myself !

Thanks for everyones comments. Regarding taking boat from MK. We don't actually have to go inside the park. We don't want to use up a day on park ticket to travel there. Can we pick boat up outside of park, and what time does boat run till. We have reservations at the 7:15 pm show, which of course we would leave earlier than that. I am hoping to be able to pick boat up on way there and ride bus back. The walking around resort sounds like a good plan, we might have to do that. thanks again

You wont have to go inside the park. The bus stops are right next to the boat dock. You take the bus to MK, walk over to the boat dock, get on the Wlderness Lodge/Fort wilderness boat. The boat will stop at Wilderness lodge then proceed over to Fort Wilderness. Its about a 15 min ride. The boats cycle continuously. I cant recall waiting more than 15 min for a boat.
The bonus is you get to see the Wilderness Lodge.

Ohhh this sounds so much better than taking bus to Downtown then picking up another bus fro there. (A crocket bus)? I am excited just to ride the boat over. ;) If the show isn't any good, the boat ride should make it all worth the experience in itself. Thanks again.

Mog30,
The boat ride turned out to be one of the best things of our whole trip. It was a sunny warm afternoon and we road outside at the front. We didn't want the trip to end. We now have to do the boat over to FW even if we don't do the show that trip.

Jordans' mom

I heard they have haywagon rides. Anyone done one of these??? Guess they are waiting right outside of Pioneer Hall, and we are at 7:15 pm show and you can do it after. Any suggestions?? How long is haywagon ride and do busses still get you back to resorts afterwards??. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter