• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hoop Dee vs Spirit of Aloha?

Hoop Dee Doo Revue. It is the clearest memory I have of Disney when I went when I was 5. My kids love it too. It is a hoot.

I went to HDDr with my family in 1976. Being 5 at the time, it's my most vivid memory of WDW from that trip.
Good food, cute show and you get to play a wash board with a spoon. Hard to forget!

Definitely HDDR. 100/10 every time we go! Laugh out loud funny, and you can't go wrong with chicken and ribs. 😋 They'll even have the chef from Trail's End come over of you have any dietary restrictions.

I agree that Hoop Dee Do is definitely better than the Luau. We did the Luau for the first time last year and was very underwhelmed. The food was just okay and the show wasn't very good (or at least didn't get good until the very end when the dancers come out).

Between the two, I would definitely say Hoop hands down! Fun family experience and my kids always laugh and have a good time. However, if you have never done the luau, it's worth a try at least once (it tends to get panned on here). I always recommend people try things for themselves as WDW opinions (especially on food) are far and wide! Someone's favorite is another person's least favorite.

HDDR without a doubt! It is a must do for us every trip. In 2016 we took my niece when she was just 18 months old and she had an absolute blast... it was the highlight of our trip. She has been back every year since and it is her favorite! It is so much fun, so much food, great show that never gets old.

Can't report on either one...yet. Family of 3 going to HDDR next week (4pm show; cat 3 seating) with our 5 year old and while I can't speak for him, it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to on the trip. I've done some similar research as yours regarding a 5 year old and every Disney rabbit hole I've gone down via Google has had nothing but positive (and even almost all enthusiastic) reviews for HDDR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter