Hoping Park Hopping Limitation ENDS

LoveToDisney

Always needing another Disney trip!
I really hope Disney ends the 2pm time to “begin” Park Hopping. I always liked being able to hit a park early, ride a couple of favorite attractions and then we would hop to another park whenever we wanted to. Waiting until 2pm just doesn’t work well for us. I’m so ready for WDW to be the way it was before the pandemic.

We hopped last week and it worked OK. Hit our 1st park(DHS), did a few of our favorites, grabbed lunch (after ordering early), left about 1:15. Arrived at 2nd park. Cooled off in the auto for a few minutes. Got out at AK. Made a bathroom trip. Tapped in at 1:50. Waited 50 minutes for Fliggts of Passage. Hopped again to MK. Rode all of our favorites again. Left at park closing.

Another day, we started at DHS at opening and did everything we wanted and hopped to Epcot and tapped in at 1:50 and stayed until close.

I do miss late EMH, though. We often hit all 4 parks on our last day. The early closing times made it hard for us to hit all 4 parks. And made us not tak

Things are changing literally every day.
I don't get too worked up about any of these adjustments. We are post-Pandemic insanity.
Things are not normal.

OH yeah General? What changed today? Did POR open, nope. Did HDDR open, nope. Did my messeuse return to Senses, nope.

Just razzing you. Things do change nearly daily and that makes us all happier.

Last edited:
My guess is the 2 pm is there to prevent people hopping to HS for the 1:00 boarding group sign up. So until that is changed I think it will stay.
Good point. Although, I would think that would change with full capacity also since before Covid you could hop there and try to get the boarding group.

I can't see park hopping change until they get rid of the reservation system, which they aren't doing for a while. I'm not a fan.

Agree completely. We have reservations for Feb '22, but cannot make park reservations because our AP's don't run out until November. Yes, I realize we could call DVC MS, explain it to them, and they would allow us to go ahead and purchase a renewal. But, why should I be forced to allow Disney to get my money 5 months ahead of time?

At least make a Disney-owned property resort reservation (with automatic park reservation cancellation if the resort reservation is cancelled) an option for park reservations if we're going to continue this nonsense.

I really don't think they will change the 2:00 hoping eligibility time while the park reservation system is in place. They system is there because of limited capacity. If they allow hopping too early some parks (like DHS?) would quickly become "full".

From what I've been seeing, they will be up to full capacity by August.

And I really HOPE they start opening Epcot before 11am. The reason for that was bus capacity when they first opened. IMO it should have started opening back up at 9am as soon as bus capacity went back to normal!

2pm doesn't bother me since we never hop at that time. We leave our morning park usually right at or after lunch and don't hit our 2nd park until late afternoon, early evening. We always take a resort break in the heat of the day. I can see for those who don't take breaks it could be a pain in the backside, but without the time limitations then the reservation system means nothing.

From what I've been seeing, they will be up to full capacity by August.

And I really HOPE they start opening Epcot before 11am. The reason for that was bus capacity when they first opened. IMO it should have started opening back up at 9am as soon as bus capacity went back to normal!
Bus capacity may be back close to normal (as of a couple of days ago it was all seats full plus 15 standing), but they don’t have the bus drivers to operate all of their buses. So, yes more people per bus, but not as many buses as before.

On an unrelated note to the buses, park passes is not all about limiting capacity at the parks at this point. It will / does allow Disney to know how to properly staff each park.

While I don’t necessarily like having to do park passes, I do understand it from their perspective. We were ones who would rope drop a park then would hop to whatever park we could get the best fastpass at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter