Hoping to eventually Run Disney (comments welcome)

Fair enough. Then I think a combo of mostly very slow running (relative to your current fitness) and HIIT running will yield the results you're looking for. That combo has been shown to be the most fruitful towards your goal of weight loss, more than steady state tempo pacing.

thank you! You’ve been very helpful. I’m going to add some hiit intervals here and there as well. I think theyll be beneficial to my training as well as to weight loss.

today was a recovery day. I was going to switch it with tomorrow’s rest day due to my boys’ open houses this evening but l actually got on the treadmill for three slow miles this evening. Felt good to stretch out my legs. Tomorrow will be a full rest. Glad l got it done tonight.

So far, so good. 4.5 today. Super hot. 1st mile 14 minutes, 2nd mile did intervals (telephone pole to telephone pole, alternating) at 12:30 and last two 1/2 miles between 14-1430. It was still 85 degrees when l ran. Can’t wait for it to be cooler!

tomorrow another 4.5 then 8 on Sunday. Going to be a hot weekend but I’m going to be out there!
Tomorrow is my youngest 1st tackle game ever and next Saturday cross country season begins.

next Friday I’m hosting approx 30 runners and coaches for a prerace carb session! Feed the team, l will!

4.5 tonight. Super hot, again. Legs felt good while running but tired afterwards. Right now, I’m not super excited about 8 tomorrow lol.

sat in hot sun for sons tackle game today, too, so that didn’t help. At least they won 50-16! Just so, so hot! I cannot wait for fall!!!

8 today. My legs are toast so I’m sitting and getting a pedicure and leg massage right now.

last two miles were rough. I walked on and off but got that 8 in. Took me almost 2 hours but it was 85 degrees and humid. Don’t want to disappoint Hal who is now giving me an A, lol.

Just too hot again but I’ve got to get these runs in when l can.

can’t wait until it’s cooler…..

4.5 yesterday. 4.5 today. Too hot again. Tomorrow is 2 mile recovery then 7.7 Monday. May need to switch those days around because l work 12 hours Monday.

my son didn’t get to run his race today. We had to cancel our carb loading swim party at my home yesterday.

He’s perfectly fine and I’m a bit bitter. His (vaccinated) friend tested positive two days after they were together so my son (and 3 others) were taken out of school after only 2 hours on Tuesday and placed into quarantine. My son (unvaccinated) is completely fine. Even though he’s negative, he still has to wait two days to return to sports. He’s been keeping up with his workouts on the treadmill.

without getting too much into the vaccine (I’m fully vaccinated, by the way) I’m just going to say this. We are seeing breakthrough vaccine cases every.single.day. I work in a hospital and literally see them.

Please, even if you have the vaccine, do not think you are not able to get sick and not able to spread it.

On that note, Akron marathon has gone to showing vaccine card or negative test at packet pick up. Not sure I’m going to run in person now, and that’s disappointing. If you are going to test, test everyone, not only the unvaccinated.

I’m just over it today.

Moved my 7.7 (supposed to be tomorrow) to today due to work schedule (12 hours tomorrow).

slogged through 7.7 with 85 degree heat and humidity….ran without walking 7 miles. The last 0.7 l died out and walked. Ran loops in my neighborhood (farmland with no shade/trees) and my boys made water stops for me every 1.5-2 miles. That’s the only way l could have done it today.

have l mentioned it’s hot, lol?!?!? Can’t wait until fall!
Tomorrow, l now have my 2 mile recovery run to look forward to.

5 yesterday. 5 today. Weather is cooler. Yay! And 5 feels like nothing now. Supposed to rain for my 9 tomorrow. Not super excited about that.

this morning my son ran in his first race. Ever. Seriously l don’t think he had ever run more than a mile (in wrestling practice or gym class) in his life. He finished in 25:00. Not super fast but he didn’t understand how to pace himself and had a lot of energy left (and was passing lots of people) at the end. I only think he is going to get better/faster from here on out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter