hops

airforcewife

Mouseketeer
Has anyone taken a conus hop? Also have you ever taken one to a Florida base? I'd like to try it from MaxwellAFB to whatever close base in Fl.. Does anyone have any info??

Thanks Robyn

My DH did, he flew out of JAS. What kind of questions do you have? If you give me specifics, I can ask him via email and get back to you.

Hope I can help.

Well, I'd like to see about going from Maxwell AFB here in Alabama to whatever base is closest to WDW. There'd be 2 adults 3 kids Dec19-26. One of the adults is the active duty member.

We have never taken a hop I understand it is easy, Several friends have gone to Hawaii that way. so if you can help that would be great!

Robyn

MacDill AFB in Tampa would probably be the closest place (about 2 hrs away). Not sure of any more info on actually taking the hop tho - sorry.

I think Jacksonville Navel Air Station is closer. I haven't spoken to my DH, but try looking here for more info:

http://www.nasjax.navy.mil/index2001.htm

go to Base information, there is a phone number for the air terminal.

Here is a different link:

http://spacea.info/

This seems to be a general information site, maybe you can find some info here.

I will see if my DH has any other info for you.

Let us know how it goes!

Random question - are "hops" the same as Space-A? Not that I've ever done Space-A, but wondering on the lingo.

I just got a response from my DH and he said "your best bet is to call which ever base you want to fly into and get the information straight from them".

I told him about the websites i suggested, and he said that those were the best sorce of information on the internet.

I also have a book here at home with all the phone numbers for the bases as well as phone numbers for hotels and car rentals. If you give me the base you want to fly into, I can give you the phone numbers you will need.

talk to ya soon!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter