• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Horrible experience at HHI

Slakk

House of Mouse Fan
It all started three days before we left when I checked DVC website and the 38 points I was using were in a holding account. I was assured that there was no issue and that they were moving my room.

So after four hours in the car we went to check in and the NERVE of the cast member - he has the audacity to upgrade us to a 2 BR dedicated for the three of us. Then just to rub salt in we had a top floor overlooking the pool!

Needless to say we tried to make the best out of the ridiculous situation by going for a swim. While the resort was almost at capacity the pool was pretty empty and so our DS had the pool pretty much to himself. The worst part is at least THREE times he had to wait for another child on the slide at least 10-15 seconds!!!

Went to San Miguels for dinner. Then a quick swim where we were the only people using the pool then drank some wine on our balcony before going to bed.

Then from bad to worse..Went to breakfast at Parrot Cove then went on the Dolphin tour we only saw 5 dolphins and a bunch of big houses and scenery some may think is pretty..but c'mon who hasn't seen ocean and Marsh before? Then Captain Scott let our DS drive the boat - just great now he will want to buy a boat!

Afterwards we went to the pool which was filled with about 15 people and DS played on the slide for three hours. I of course forgot to put on sunscreen and am burnt...you would think that Disney would filter the sun!!!

After the pool we ate at the Smokehouse then went and played Miniature Golf at Blackbeards.

All in all a waste of a weekend...It was such a horrible experience that we plan to spend a week next April.

(Yes the whole post was sarcasm...HHI was fabulous as usual...I miss it already!)

As i was reading i was like what in the world. But then i got the picture.

LOL I figured it would be boring to do the normal gushing *great trip report*

HHI is a hidden jewel - this was our second trip and I almost cried leaving!!!
:love:

LOL I figured it would be boring to do the normal gushing *great trip report*

HHI is a hidden jewel - this was our second trip and I almost cried leaving!!!
:love:

I have also noticed more people will look at the "Horrible Experience" thread over the "Great Trip" thread. :rotfl:

OMG, reading the title of your thread really had me scared there for a minute. "Oh, no! Someone had a bad experience at HHI?" I think you have the right idea-try it again next year to see if it's really this bad. And you're doing everyone a service by forcing yourself to help keep the resort filled.
Glad you had a "tolerant" time!

I just hope you didn't have to "put up" with the wonderful stories of B'lou Crabbe or have to "deal with" Shadow or go to the "beach house".

My small attempt at sarcasm. :sad2:

If you didn't do these things. plan on doing them next time. B'lou Crabbe is great at storytelling among other things and Shadow is so loveable. BTW, watch it or you'll get addicted to Big Murggie's Den. :cool1:

Like Thumper said to Bambi, '' If yah can't say sumpthin' nice, don't say nothin' at all ''. Please tell us how much you can't stand Vero Beach or WDW!?!? Pretty neat pretty cool!!! J.D.:yay: :cool1: :yay:

You had me! Thanks for the report. Glad you had a great trip.

My heart sunk as I prepared to hear the worst.....4 days before I am set to arrive for the first time. LOLOLOLOL!!! :thumbsup2

:lmao: LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao:

And love HHI too! I swear I could sit on those balconies and listen to those trees for hours on end.

Whew . . . you scared me for a second there. :eek:

Glad you had a great trip. Can't wait to make our first trip "Home." We didn't close quick enough to get in on the 11 month window for Summer this year. Oh darn, now we will have to go to Disney this year, HH next. :confused3

:thumbsup2 Sorry you had such a bad experience. You should really write DVC and let them know they really dropped the ball this time:sad2:

Based on your post, I dont think I'll be rushing to stay there anytime soon:rolleyes:

You had me on the title! We are taking our first HHI trip in August so I'm always reading the HHI threads! They are usually good reports so I had to check yours out and wow another great report!!!! Thanks for the laugh. :)

Then Captain Scott let our DS drive the boat - just great now he will want to buy a boat!

Afterwards we went to the pool which was filled with about 15 people and DS played on the slide for three hours. I of course forgot to put on sunscreen and am burnt...you would think that Disney would filter the sun!!!

Now I know you're just being picky. Your son can't possibly drive his boat until he's old enough for a license. And surely by then he'd have saved up enough from his paper route to buy it himself. At the very least, if you're a decent parent you can co-sign the loan for him. Must Disney do everything for you?

I know, you're next gonna tell me you're filing a personal injury lawsuit against them for your son's sunburns. I just hate parents who think they can sue some big business to pay for their children's Trust Fund luxury toys. Gives the rest of us Trust Fund babies a bad name. :scared1:

Personally I tried HHI once, in a Marriott (at least it was beach front), but the total lack of the impending hurricane showing up and just skipping out to sea really ruined it for me. I'll never go back. I mean, why did I bother bringing all those candles, flashlights, emergency food supplies and leave my suitcases packed & ready if you don't get evacuated from HHI in September?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter