Hot Tub

Cogswel_Cogs

DIS Veteran
Anyone order through Wayfair?
Was thinking of doing with extended warranty. As it looks like it for coverage for five years.

Have purchased many items from Wayfair, but nothing ever that large/heavy. Seems like the shipping would cost a fortune. Make sure it is clear WHERE the delivery company is responsible to put it or you may end up with this HUGE box sitting in the middle of your driveway. Some companies will only 'drop ship' and beyond that it is your problem to figure out where to put it. Might be better off to buy one from a company who does the actual installation since they will deliver it during the installation process.

Building a pad. And you have to get own electrician. Pretty sure installation is plopping it down on pad. Puttting right near big entrance to backyard. So really don't see issue there.
Not sure what delivery charge is yet.

We haven't purchased a hot tub from Wayfair, but we have purchased a hot tub...empty they aren't as difficult to maneuver and place where you want them to go. I guess I'd just make sure that there was a easy enough way to return it and exactly how that would look (do you need to keep original packaging or something odd along those lines?? who arranges to pick it up, who pays for it - that sorta thing) and if I was satisfied with that I'd give it a go.

As far as your actual question, we didn't get the extended warranty from our non- Wayfair tub. I suppose it would be good to find out about - probably a third party outfit that would not exactly be super timely if you experienced a issue. If you are in anyway handy that are somewhat simple in function and we were able to replace the one part we needed to replace easy enough.

Good luck, and enjoy your hot tub!

It says on their website that it gets delivered outside your front door, and Wayfair has free shipping, but I think they charge to return something unless it's defective

we replaced our hot tub last spring about this time. we looked at allot of options and one of big concerns was having reliable and responsive service and repairs if needed. we learned when our former hot tub broke down the previous year that repair folks are few and far between. we ended up going with a long established local hot tub bsns. if we have an issue we contact them and THEY deal with the manufacturer during the warranty period.

i guess my concern with something like wayfair would be-

it's hard enough to deal with an order issue w/them-would i want to deal with that kind of system for a repair?

with my local place they did delivery and install so if damage was there on delivery/during install-it was all on one single bsns (no shifting blame-it was all on them all the way around). w/wayfair they could claim the mover/installer damaged after your receipt, while the mover/installer could claim wayfair and you get stuck in the middle.

Jumping in to say that when I purchased my house it came with a hot tub. Thankfully the seller left a binder with information on the hot tub. Only the store that sold it will service it. Of sure how that works if you buy it from Wayfair

We went with a local store with what we felt was a solid manufacturer. We poured our own pad and selected an area with good access to our electrical panel knowing a dedicated, higher amp run was needed.

Delivery of the concrete truck was easy (wheel barrels are nice) and then, after curing for about a month, came the delivery of the tub. There were zero issues with damage and installation on the pad. We self-installed the cover hinges as that made it incredibly easy for just one of us to use it. Then I installed the outdoor speakers around the tub to complete the project, while my DW built pressure treated wooden steps with storage compartments for the chemicals.

Reactions: GAN
We've been in our home over 20 years and always had a hot tub. We poured our own concrete pad, had the proper wiring and breaker(s) install by a professional. Please before you buy off Wayfair or one of the "Super Duper Blow Out All Spas Must Go" sales at your local fair grounds, go look at local hot tub vendor and soak up as much knowledge as you can.

Our first hot tub lasted us 14 years, it was a Jacuzzi brand its replacement was a used Jacuzzi a friend needed gone - I'll never buy a used one again, moving them once installed just doesn't work and leaks are a huge pain to trace. Our new one is a Dimension 1. Both of our new ones were bought local, they delivered and took away our old one.

A few things to know; all hot tubs will need some replacement parts - being unable to get those parts can ruin your experience. For this reason I don't recommend the super sales or other unknown brands. I was able to still get parts for my 14 year old Jacuzzi. Ask who is the local service business for the hot tub before you buy, call that place and talk with them. You don't want to be last on the list in the middle of winter

As you shop you need to ask about power requirements, any 110v hot tub is not going to have much power for jets or heaters, at least for anything larger then a 2-person hot tub. You really want a tub with a 220v setup. Next thing is to know if the hot tub can run the jets and the heater at the same time, for a warmer area this isn't a big deal, but for cooler areas its a big deal to really enjoy the hot tub in the cold months. The number pumps matter, this is where the rubber meets the road to a really good experience.

Last thought, for me if I can't wet test a hot tub its a no deal, period. Both places we bought our new ones from did after hours wet tests, both times we got into the one we really thought we were set on only to change our minds.

Been doing some homework. Deciding between concrete and ground stone(will do myself) - roughly 50 bags). Leaning toward ground stone unless it will nolify any warranty.
Already had discussion with electrician but will discuss again when closer to purchase. Going with 220 most likely as heating would most likely be issue with 110. I have two lines to house already so worse case they need box to bump 215 to 220

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter