Hotel advice please!

You could look at confirmed reservations for DVC rentals (I use Google, and check the different websites). You could get lucky and there could be a /reservation room available.

Candy Cane is not fancy or luxurious. However, it is recently remodeled and it is very good for what it is. Clean, updated rooms. Cute property. Enjoyable free breakfast with outside seating. Comfortable basic rooms that feel fresh and clean. 10 minute easy walk or ride their free shuttle.

The Westin is very nice if you want a full service nicer hotel. Look at JW Marriott too.

I know you want a hotel style, however, do not discount the Candy Cane. I stay there often. I have always felt safe. It is clean, comfortable, and the staff go out of their way for you. I love the shuttle. Again, I feel completely safe as a woman traveling with her daughter.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’m certainly not looking for extravagant! Hampton style is perfectly fine. Because I have to go on to this other conference, and because I always get sick when there is an old mattress, old carpeting and a window unit AC trying to find what isn’t that! Sadly Candy Cane is booked, but will keep checking. Sounds like Anaheim hotel, Courtyard, JW Marriott, Westin and. Majestic Garden are all contenders in terms of reasonable distance.

For my dates all of those but Westin are $250 or less. Disneyland hotel, Villas and GCG are all 750-850. Pixar Place sold out. So I basically could do 3 nights many places for the price of 1 night on DL property.

Thanks so much for the feedback! I’m certainly not looking for extravagant! Hampton style is perfectly fine. Because I have to go on to this other conference, and because I always get sick when there is an old mattress, old carpeting and a window unit AC trying to find what isn’t that! Sadly Candy Cane is booked, but will keep checking. Sounds like Anaheim hotel, Courtyard, JW Marriott, Westin and. Majestic Garden are all contenders in terms of reasonable distance.

For my dates all of those but Westin are $250 or less. Disneyland hotel, Villas and GCG are all 750-850. Pixar Place sold out. So I basically could do 3 nights many places for the price of 1 night on DL property.

I believe the Anaheim Hotel has window AC units. I could be wrong though. It's been over a decade since I stayed there. Hopefully it's better now because when I stayed there, it was pretty dumpy.

It’s been a long time but I’m pretty sure that ParkVue and BW Park Place Inn has the old fashion room window AC units.

I admit my favorite was always Best Western Park Place Inn for the location !
Second the love for BW Park Place, but it does indeed have under window HVAC.

Anyone stayed that Sheraton at the park or JW Marriott recently? I have bookings for both and they cost the same. Sheraton is very recently renovated and has the nicest pool. JW Marriott seems a bit fancier and is right next to garden walk. We have a car. Sheraton has some issues lately with protestors and noise. Don't know about JW Marriott. We are 2 adults and 2 teens. Hard to determine which one to keep now. (3rd back up booking is for Ayres orange which is 15 dollars cheaper/night but includes breakfast and free parking) We'll be at Disneyland for 3 days. I take it Ayres orange would be most people last choice out of the 3? (because of location)
Help welcome!

We stayed at the JW Marriott last year: honestly it was great especially for the price. Very nice rooms, excellent service, easy enough to walk to the parks (about 10 min from hotel to security). I would stay at the JW over the Sheraton any day. Especially liked the rooftop bar & view of the fireworks. Hotel is quiet, easy to navigate, etc.

I would want a bigger room for that many people FYI. Room wasn't as big as we were expecting.

You've gotten lots of great feedback. I'm just going to stress that as a single woman, I feel that the closer you are, the better. While there are lovely hotels not far away distance-wise, it's worth paying extra not to burden yourself with a long walk on public sidewalks. I haven't necessarily felt unsafe, but sometimes a little uneasy if I'm walking back to a hotel that's farther away at night. I also like to be able to go back to my room sometimes to change my clothes or whatever, and the walk gets really old. I don't want to pay for someone to drive me, either.

I'm saying this as someone who has done that several times. If you can afford it and the property works for you, get one within EASY walking distance or has a shuttle. You'd be surprised how much of a difference that makes at the end of the day.

You'll have to choose between "conference-style hotel" and close to DL.

The "conference-style" hotels that come to mind are the ones right around the Anaheim convention center. Those are all about a 20+ minute walk from the esplanade. That's a long walk back after a long day on your feet at Disneyland.

If, however, by 'conference-style hotel,' you mean "hotel with interior corridors," then there's 1 building at Hojo which would fit the bill. Or you could stay at the Fairfield Inn next door on Harbor Blvd. Both of those are way closer of a walk (~7 min to the esplanade).

We stayed at the JW Marriott last year: honestly it was great especially for the price. Very nice rooms, excellent service, easy enough to walk to the parks (about 10 min from hotel to security). I would stay at the JW over the Sheraton any day. Especially liked the rooftop bar & view of the fireworks. Hotel is quiet, easy to navigate, etc.

I would want a bigger room for that many people FYI. Room wasn't as big as we were expecting.
Thanks for the input! I'm trying to see if we can't drop the rental car when we arrive in Anaheim. I don't think we'll need it. (unless for some food?) It will save us $60 dollars a night on valet if we decide on staying at the JW Marriott. Did you make use of the valet or perhaps park in the garage of the gardenwalk?
I will need to sort out a transfer to LAX then though. (an Uber XL will be too small i think: 4 people 4 large bags and 4 handluggage trolleys - Anaheim is our last stop on a months tour of the region)

I've never had a car at DL - and always have stayed on-property before this last trip. You won't need it. Use the $$ saved to do the dessert table at WOC, dine at nice restaurants etc!

I would think an Uber XL should be fine honestly. Or ask the hotel what car service they recommend. Dropping off a car at LAX is a giant PITN anyways.

Thanks for the input! I'm trying to see if we can't drop the rental car when we arrive in Anaheim. I don't think we'll need it. (unless for some food?) It will save us $60 dollars a night on valet if we decide on staying at the JW Marriott. Did you make use of the valet or perhaps park in the garage of the gardenwalk?
I will need to sort out a transfer to LAX then though. (an Uber XL will be too small i think: 4 people 4 large bags and 4 handluggage trolleys - Anaheim is our last stop on a months tour of the region)
You could always get a grocery delivery if you want to avoid shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter