• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hotel advise for Disney and Universal

Zelnot

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I'm going to visit Orlando in September and I need some advise for the hotel.

My plans are:
- Disney with park-hopper for 4-5 days
- Universal with park-hopper and Volcano Bay for 3-4 days
- 1 day SeaWorld

I have a rental car, but I would like to avoid the parking fees at the parks.

What I'm looking for:
- Hotel price range for a night 100-130$.
- Parking and breakfast included
- Free shuttle with a good schedule

My first plan was staying at the Lake Buena Vista Area for Disney. Maybe at the Home2 Suites FLAMINGO CROSSINGS and then change to hotel maybe to the Home2 Suites Near Universal.

BUT: The Flamingo Crossings does not have a free shuttle. I think they partner with Maingate. Shuttle schedule isn't very good and I can't find the price. AND i loose half a day for the hotel change.

So maybe I rethink my plan and maybe just stay at the Home2 Suites near Universal and drive & park at disney? Does anyone have experiences with this hotel or any other hotel suggestions?

Thank you for your tips!

Instead of trying to pigeon-hole yourself into free parking or free breakfast, you need to consider the total cost of where you are staying and what benefits you truly want.

If you don't want to drive, it may be worth it to pay more to say in an onsite property.

That said, I think the most unrealistic thing on your list is a free shuttle.

The Disney Springs hotels and the budget Universal hotels will likely be over your budget. They have the shuttle service you want, though.

Off-site, for Universal, I like the Drury Inn. You get a free breakfast and a free "dinner" with some drinks there. It is close enough to Uber to Universal, but you probably would pay about the same as parking at the parks.

You could drive there to Disney from the Universal area, I wouldn't prefer it. While not far, there is a lot of traffic and it will get old fast.

For Disney, I like the Flamingo Crossings area for its ease of entrance to Disney and that is less crowded in that area. Of course, you will have to drive to park at the parks or Uber.

As for switching hotels, you don't lose any time. Just drive to the park you are visiting in the AM, then go to your new hotel in the evening after you are done with the visit.

Of course, this means you will have to pay to park at a theme park.

I just stayed at Hampton Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista. It is so close to Disney Springs. Which is not too terribly far from Universal. It had free breakfast and parking. Clean and comfortable.

Haven't stayed there, but Home2 Suites near universal gets decent reviews. Looks like a 1.2 mile walk to city walk if you don't want to pay parking. Or see how much Endless Summer resort costs - they charge $15+tax for parking but have buses to the parks, which is less than the cost to park at Universal garage.

I stayed once at a Diamond resort on Palm Parkway booked through expedia. Had free parking, a full kitchen, and easy drive to both Disney World and Universal, but you would have to pay to park at each. Transportation is the hardest part.

You didn't mention the size of your travel party, but we like booking Wyndham Bonnet Creek using eBay. Right now, there's a 2-bedroom suite for as little as $869 for the entire week, plus $99 guest fee. ($138 per night, all fees included.)

This includes a full kitchen. You can shop locally and save a great deal on meals by eating in the room.

This is a great arrangement if you are traveling with a family or other adults.

Hello!

I'm going to visit Orlando in September and I need some advise for the hotel.

My plans are:
- Disney with park-hopper for 4-5 days
- Universal with park-hopper and Volcano Bay for 3-4 days
- 1 day SeaWorld

I have a rental car, but I would like to avoid the parking fees at the parks.

What I'm looking for:
- Hotel price range for a night 100-130$.
- Parking and breakfast included
- Free shuttle with a good schedule

My first plan was staying at the Lake Buena Vista Area for Disney. Maybe at the Home2 Suites FLAMINGO CROSSINGS and then change to hotel maybe to the Home2 Suites Near Universal.

BUT: The Flamingo Crossings does not have a free shuttle. I think they partner with Maingate. Shuttle schedule isn't very good and I can't find the price. AND i loose half a day for the hotel change.

So maybe I rethink my plan and maybe just stay at the Home2 Suites near Universal and drive & park at disney? Does anyone have experiences with this hotel or any other hotel suggestions?

Thank you for your tips!
Just to clarify Home2Suites Flamingo Crossing is NOT in Lake Buena Vista. There is a LBV Home2Suites but it's by the outlet mall.

Number 1 - there is no such thing as a free shuttle with a good schedule. You will get a few times in the morning, a few at night, likely have to make reservations and if you miss you are out the ride. If I had to depend on a shuttle and not interested in ride share, I would stay on the theme park property.

My choice would be to try to find something closer to the $100 price point and then drive & pay for parking at the parks. The flexibility that gives you is priceless.

I stay 99% offsite now, I go to Disney and Universal. Flamingo Crossing is for Disney only as it is west of WDW and super far from all else. I would focus my looking in the Palm Parkway, South International or Convention area. It puts you about middle and an easy drive to anywhere, and plenty in the $100 range with free breakfast and free parking, your time frame.

Last edited:
Thank you very much everyone.

You're probably right! I'm looking for something that just doesn't exisit. And trying to get everything makes it realy complicated.

I think I'm going to do it the following way:

Stay at Homewood Suites at Flamingo Crossing for 6-7 days, just for Disney and park by myself at disney (flexibility is a huge advantage)! I know its a bit far away from everything else, but I like that the hotel is just 1 1/2 year old and everything is quite new. Target and some restaurants are nearby and if I want to go to International Drive, I have my car.
After that I change the hotel to the universal area. Just thinking about the Hilton Hotels at International Drive (Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home 2 Suites) or staying onsite at Cabana Bay or Endless Summer Ressort. Will think about that.

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter