Hotel recommendations for DL races

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
Assuming the start line will be the same for future races at DL as it was in January, any recommendations for offsite hotels that are convenient to the start? Thanks!

I liked Castle Inn.

It was quiet, had free parking, a mini fridge, microwave and mini coffee maker. Also didn't break the bank.

I stayed at Clementine Hotel. We could see the finish line from the room and the security checkpoint was on that street. It's a suite hotel, so has different options. We had a studio suite with a full kitchen, and it also has a full, hot breakfast in the morning. There's a resort fee, but it includes parking, breakfast, and some other things I don't remember. We really liked it and hope to stay there again in September.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Theme Park Entrance. The price for it right now is extremely expensive. In fact, almost all the hotel rates are ridiculous. I booked a good neighbor hotel with Disney for now. Their room + ticket package is better than buying separately right now.

I liked Castle Inn.

It was quiet, had free parking, a mini fridge, microwave and mini coffee maker. Also didn't break the bank.
Seconding this. I had some noise in my room from Harbor and Katella, but the room was really nice, and the distance was perfect for the parks and the 10K/Half start

I stayed at Clementine Hotel. We could see the finish line from the room and the security checkpoint was on that street. It's a suite hotel, so has different options. We had a studio suite with a full kitchen, and it also has a full, hot breakfast in the morning. There's a resort fee, but it includes parking, breakfast, and some other things I don't remember. We really liked it and hope to stay there again in September.

We also stayed at the Clementine and I'm going to echo everything @Desdemona924 said. We really enjoyed the hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The walk to the parks was super quick and easy as well. And if you do book directly through their website, you can get 5% cash back - or 15% towards a future stay - which was an awesome perk.

For how many people and what are the priorities? Just a place to sleep or want some amenities?

The hotel rates are insane for that weekend between the combination of Halloweentime and the race. I currently have reservations for both the Clarion and the Comfort Inn because they were within what I was willing to spend and have decent enough reviews (the Clarion through Expedia is under $100 per night).

If I were willing to risk a non-refundable rate, Expedia has a good deal on the Kings Inn, which is short jaunt through Garden Walk away from the race start.

Desert Palms is under $250/night for many rate categories (AAA/Costco members, 3-6 night stay, etc), is a reasonable walk to the start and the park and includes breakfast.

Last edited:
For how many people and what are the priorities? Just a place to sleep or want some amenities?
This is a key part of the equation for me. For a non race weekend, I will often stay further away to save money and deal with a sometimes 15-20 minute walk to the parks in the morning and at the end of the day.

However, for race weekends, I really value being close to the parks. The very quick walk back to my hotel for an early bedtime or a quick walk to the parks after the race(s) are really worth the extra price to me.

I think most anything right along Harbor within 5-10 minutes from the Disneyland main entrance will also be pretty close to the new start areas for the 10K/Half. Just depends on how close to the parks you want to be. I spend a lot of time in the parks after the races so I do like to make sure I'm close.

We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott Theme Park Entrance. The price for it right now is extremely expensive. In fact, almost all the hotel rates are ridiculous. I booked a good neighbor hotel with Disney for now. Their room + ticket package is better than buying separately right now.
whoa, thanks for the heads up on this. I’ve only been a Costco member as of last year and I forgot about Costco Travel. Turns out it makes sense for me to book that way too.

whoa, thanks for the heads up on this. I’ve only been a Costco member as of last year and I forgot about Costco Travel. Turns out it makes sense for me to book that way too.

I am going to rebook with Costco for the Disney gift card. I always forget about them.

I stayed at Hotel Lulu in January after agonizing over the decision and switching my reservation several times. I liked it. It was maybe just a smidgie further from the parks and start than I would prefer, but the hotel itself was nice. Room had a fridge and microwave.

Keep an eye on Priceline because there were some really good deals in the final week leading up to the race.

I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, which I've stayed at before, and they've been refurbishing their rooms. It's a little walk, but still on the Disneyland side of Harbor. I brought my white noise machine and didn't hear a thing once I was asleep. It has a shuttle which isn't the most convenient, but it works in the mornings. I could walk across Katella to CVS to stock up on water and snacks, and I could walk to the restaurants on Katella. It does include a continental breakfast, which helped after the race. I'd certainly stay there again.

The rates are currently higher than what I was able to book for January, but they may come down. A standard queen is $279 a night and tax of around $50 per night.

We stayed at the Camelot inn and suites. The entrance to security for the races was directly behind us. Easy walk there. About 5-10 minute walk to security for the parks. It was clean and recently updated. The price was reasonable. We would stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter