Hotel Royal Plaza vs Country Inn Calypso Cay

buzz&Jesse

Earning My Ears
We are making a trip in early August and I currently have reservations at the Hotel Royal Plaza in DD. I got a rate of $65 a night using the mousesavers code. We need two room so this rate is great. Lately I have been hearing so many great things about Country Inn at Calypso cay and was wondering which of these two hotels would be nicer to stay at. The rate for Country inn is almost the same. We will have a car to use and have three kids and a grandma going along. I want to stay at the nicer of the two hotels. Thanks!

Although I have not stayed at either hotel I read the very long thread above about the Country Inn and Suites/Amerisuites at Calyspso Cay and it has convinced me to stay there. It is a brand new hotel, the rooms look really nice. You have frig/ microwave and 2 seperate rooms with 2 tv's. There is a pool for the hotel, but also a waterpark type pool for the resort. Plus breakfast and with a family that will save big bucks. I looked at a map and this location is very easy to get to from the airport and also quick and easy to get to the parks.
Read the thread on this hotel and you will like what you see. We will stay here in September. We were trying to choose between a hotel near the marketplace then I found this.

Friends just came back from there. They raved about it! I have seen excellent rates at valutrips.com -with no time-share presentation commitment. Remember that it is a timeshare resort and it depends on who you book through, whether or not you have to go to a presentation. Another friend of mine has bought a timeshare there. It is a brand new property (just opened Dec), so the rooms are new. The rooms have queen beds and the suites have a king size bed and queen size pull-out sofa. The suites also have a frig and microwave. They do serve a complimentary breakfast and the pool is fantastic (water-park style). In your situation you could get a room and a suite (the price difference isn't much), so you would have the convenience of the frig. Maybe some of these rooms connect. It couldn't hurt to ask! Hotel Royal Plaza is very nice and right down the street from Downtown Disney. I think with kids I would stay at Calypso Cay. By the way, Calypso Cay is right off Osceola , a few minutes from the All-Star resorts, so you are VERY close to being on property. Good luck deciding!!!

It's valuetrips.com
Just checked it.
Here are their rates:

June 15-Aug 16,2002
Room-$59
Suite-$54
Kidsuite-$79

Aug 17-Dec25,2002
Room-$49
Suite$54
Kidsuite-$69

Read the small print (4 people max per room) and make sure you understand the cancel policy before booking, if you decide to... Good luck!!!

I just want to add, I had enquired about adjoining rooms(we asked Mom to go but she ended up saying no) We have a kidssuite reserved-she would have needed a standard.
They have no connecting rooms to kidsuites. Maybe the other room types connect??

Also, even the standard rooms have a fridge and microwave. If you have AAA, the standard room rates are even better. I had called and asked for our last night Sept 28th, standard room with AAA was $39.50!!!! We ended with reserving a room on the beach at Ormond Beach- (an hour away and an hour closer to home) But I though it was REAL reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter