Hotel Royal Plaza ?

rip109

Mouseketeer
My family of 5 just booked this hotel for a July trip, using mousesavers code. We
were able to get a rate of 65.00 a night for a standard Lanai (?) room. I have been
researching reviews, and they seem to run either hot or cold on the hotel. Does anyone
know if the rooms in either the tower or the Lanai level have been recently renovated?
It almost seems like the comments could run that way. Just curious as to what section
anyone was in and how they found their particular room. Thanks for any help.

Hi ! I was also interested in this hotel. I seen on Mousesavers i could get a rate of 70 for the nights i will be staying. I have reservations for Ramada Inn Maingate but was considering cancelling for this hotel. Where have you found other peoples opinions about this hotel? I have found nothing. What were the pro's and con's? It looks like a pretty decent hotel to me.....but then again all i can go by is the pictures on the website and we all know that pictures can be misleading!!

I stayed there last Feb 2001
I really liked the hotel, It was very nice , i don't know about it being renovated, But i really enjoyed this hotel more than The wydham palace and spa I stayed there last Sept 2001, I was on the fifth floor and the bathrooms were bigger than the wyndham and alot nicer.
It is worth the money.
mrsmom
Allstar resort Dec 95'
Holiday inn sunspree Oct 98"
Westgate lakes Sept 2000
Royal plaza Feb 2001
Wyndham Palace and spa Sept 2001
Westgates lakes May 2002
CSR,CBR,POR June 2002

We stayed here in May 1996, so this info might be a little out-of-date. At the time we stayed there, the entire hotel was undergoing renovations. The rooms were very nice, but, nothing else was done at that time. The pool area was really nice, but, if I remember correctly, the was no shallow end to the pool, so it was not particularly well suited for small children. I think it was 4ft at it's shallowist point. There are some poolside rooms that have little patios right next to the pool. If they followed through with everything the said they were going to do back in 96', this should be a very nice place to stay. sorry, I don't have any more recent news for you.

I spoke with someone in reservations last week. He said the difference in the pool rooms versus the tower rooms is 30 sq feet in size and the tower rooms have larger bathrooms. He said that all the rooms were renovated in 1998. I have called them 3-4 times and they are always very friendly and helpful. Thats a good sign. I have not stayed here but I did stay at the Wyndham Palace and did not care for it.

Amberly303, the only way I found any information on this hotel was to use the search engine on this forum. I did find quite a bit that way. Most seemd to have a good opinion on the hotel. You do pull up a lot of posts that and not specifically the Hotel Royal Plaza, but there were several positive posts that I did find.

Just got back from a 6 night stay. We loved this hotel. We upgraded to a tower room ($30 extra) and had a wonderful view of Downtown Disney. We could even see the Swan and Dolphin, the Contemporary and Space Mountain. Could also see some of the MK fireworks.
The restaurant was good (kids eat free), the food was basic stuff, and we ate out by the pool several times. The room was nice and housekeeping was excellant. The hotel staff was superb. My only grip would be transportation. The few times we used the bus it was slow and crowded. We took our car. The walk to DTD was 10-15 minutes. Had a great trip! We would definitely stay here again.

srphelon - our family will be there next week. It's so good to hear a great review of the place! What can you tell me about the pool? Do they have it landscaped at all nicely or is it just a basic, utilitarian pool? What kind of a menu is available by the pool?

Thanks!

Can you share for you got $65 for the mousesavers rate for July? I though the mousesavers rate for that time of year was $85.

I thought the same thing about the 85.00 a night but when you go through their reservation page and you then put the mousesavers code in, scroll all the way to the bottom of the room listings,and the double/double with the pull out sofa room is listed at 65.00 a night. For our first 6 nights, with all of us having a bed to sleep on is well worth the inconvience of the DD resort buses. We will end up the rest of our vacation at the CBR with the AmEx rate of 104 a night (tax included) Add to that the Friends Fly Free offer on Southwest and we are raring to go! 113 days and counting!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter