Hotels narrowed down...

Have not been able to afford Park Vue or BWPP but have stayed at Tropicana and would take Desert Inn and Suites (just to the right of Park Vue) over Tropicana any day. Much cleaner and bigger rooms!

We were very happy with the BWPPI in March 2022. Clean rooms, didn’t have daily housekeeping though. The breakfast being included was a great feature, the staff are all really nice too.

We have actually stayed at the Park Vue too although it was in 2017 and I don’t have any real memories of the room!

Out of your list, we've only stayed at Tropicana. We stayed there once and it was fine, there was nothing bad about the room we just like other hotels better. The room was clean from our recollection. We do really like the convenience store they have right in front/attached to the hotel. They have anything you need: bottles of water, snacks, beer, wine, a small cafe, small quantities of advil/tyleonl/other medications, etc. Very clean and organized. The people are always friendly in there.

I agree with a pp, the Desert Inn and Suites is our go-to for off site hotels. We've stayed at many hotels along Harbor/Katella, but we continue coming back to this one. It was the first hotel we stayed at 20+ years ago and it continues to be a favorite because of the proximity and cleanliness. It's a very basic motel/hotel, but it is perfect for what we need when we're staying off site. Housekeeping is great, front desk has always been good. Basic continental breakfast in the mornings.

Park Vue and Best Western are right in the crosswalk. You will probably get a more boutique feel at Park Vue, but Best Western is more than likely going to have a slightly bigger room because of the rooms being suites. Though we don't have experience with either, I'm sure both hotels are great.

What do you think of the indoor pool at Desert Inn? That has been a turn off for me, but may consider it if it's still OK? Is the breakfast decent with hot items (eggs and meat included?_)

What do you think of the indoor pool at Desert Inn? That has been a turn off for me, but may consider it if it's still OK? Is the breakfast decent with hot items (eggs and meat included?_)
We're really picky about any pools/hot tubs at hotels now mostly because I'm a little bit of a germaphobe. I used it when I was 2-years old the first time we stayed there (still remember it! lol) and it was fine as a kid. People seem to like it, as it usually has at least a few people in there when we walk by. I believe it closes at 10pm.

The breakfast does not have any hot items. It has pastries, juice, apples/bananas, cereal/milk, possibly bagels and bread but I'm not 100% sure if they still have that since coming back from COVID.

If you're looking for hot breakfast items, I would recommend Hyatt House off Katella/Harbor (though I wouldn't recommend that hotel for other reasons, their breakfast was great). Or, Desert Palms off Katella/Harbor. Both hotels have extensive breakfasts including eggs/sausage/biscuits and gravy/waffles/etc.

Most hotels in the area, if they offer breakfast, are only going to have the very basic items though. Grand Legacy was one with a basic breakfast, Candy Cane Inn is the same I believe, Desert Inn, etc. Those are the only hotels that I recall even having breakfast available.

Last edited:
I've stayed at all 3, my ranking would be: Park Vue, Trop, Bwppi. I thought the breakfast at Bwppi would be a nice feature, but we really found the hot items to be inedible, honestly. The rooms at Trop are the smallest of the 3, that might be a factor depending on your party size. Parking there can also be very scarce.

You really can't go wrong with any of them, but all things considered, I'd choose PVI.

I've stayed at all 3, my ranking would be: Park Vue, Trop, Bwppi. I thought the breakfast at Bwppi would be a nice feature, but we really found the hot items to be inedible, honestly. The rooms at Trop are the smallest of the 3, that might be a factor depending on your party size. Parking there can also be very scarce.

You really can't go wrong with any of them, but all things considered, I'd choose PVI.
Agree!

If you are considering Candy Cane, I did see they added waffles to their other breakfast options. We stay in June and I’m looking forward to checking out their breakfast. ☺️

We did BWPPI once when someone else planned the trip and it included a quick overnight stay only. Decent rooms inside. Exterior hallways is a deal breaker for me.

Of those, we've only stayed at Park Vue (last summer.) Overall, we had a good stay. Though our AC didn't work very well in cooling down the room. I think that was more to do with the room layout we had....1 queen, 1 bunk. The AC was kind of off to the side too much.

The location was fantastic. The only other 'issue' we had was that the carpet turned our socks black. I think it's because the parking lot was black and so people walking in the room with their shoes on just bring that in and it's not like they shampoo the carpets all the time. But otherwise, I did feel the room was clean. So just bring slippers or something and you'll be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter