Hotels To Stay Away From?

Stay away from Howard Johnson Suites on Lake Cecile located on
Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway. We stayed there about 2 years ago.
The rooms were old and "scary", we had a maid just walk in on
us without knocking, the pool area was filthy for a good 24 hours and
other grievances too numerous too mention....just an
all around bad experience. We wrote a letter and complained, which corporate
forwarded to the actual hotel. They replied with a poorly executed letter
which didn't even address our concerns. They obviously do not care
about customer satisfaction! Hope you find a good one!!

- CindyVK

DAYS INN LAKESIDE We stayed there many years ago but I have seen recent posts that indicate it has not changed. It is old, nasty, and disgusting. We stayed there 1 night before checking into our Disney resort , we were suppose to stay there our last night before driving home, when we arrived at 10 PM our room was dirty and I do me DIRTY. I went to the front desk and got my money back and headed home to GA. I was in no mood to hotel hunt at that hour. Our lesson learned, we spend the extra bucks for our Disney accomodations . If I were staying off site I would use a hotel that is sponsered on this site. I believe I've seen post that says if Pete won't let his mom stay there he will not let them sponsor on his boards!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ramada closest to Universal Studios on I-Drive! YIKES!! It is the worst hotel we ever stayed in in our lives! It costs more to stay there than at any of the All Stars on Disney Property, we just wanted to be close to US for a few days. Filthy, **** roaches - not the infamous Florida super roach - but good, old, dirty, creeping **** roaches crawling behind our head boards. Dirty bedspreads - red sticky stuff on the underside of them when we tuned them down the first night! Spit on the walls. I didn't even want to walk in the rooms with my shoes on, forget about taking them off and walking around! Rats eating garbage on the sidewalk. The first room we had smelled of urine, the second room had a broken door lock! Very, very seedy people walking around all night long! Eeeeewwwwwww!!!!!! I wrote a letter to the hotel itself and to the corporate office. No one cared. We got a form letter implying, "sorry but oh well, too bad." Run, run as fast as you can away from there. The thought of that hotel makes me sick! :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :( :rolleyes: :( :mad:

Stayed here in March '00....it was dirty and my son left with lots of bug bits....I wrote Days Inn twice and asked for my money back....well a few months later I go my refund....I only stayed for one night so it wasn't a huge refund..but none the less they refunded the money.

Has anybody stayed here recently? We are staying here for Three nights before moving onsite. I know that it doesn't really mean anything, but the pictures on their website looked good. :( We made the reservations through a travel agent (another reason that makes me think that it can't be that bad). If it really is that bad, what could we do?

HHghost

14 Days!!!

KTex
Email me and I will give you our experiences at econolodge Maingate hawaiian.....you don't have email option listed...

NEVER choose a hotel by looking at pictures. Websites and brouchures are designed to make everything look magical when that is usually far from the case. Some of the photos they use in those things were taken when the hotel first opened and everything was new and beautiful.

Travel agents are usually innocent victims just like you. They usually have not stayed in the place and would have no way of knowing whether it's a dump or not.

Ask to see a room before you decide. If you find you can't stand the place you can always refuse it and move to another hotel. There are always rooms to be had in the 192 or I-Drive area. The only thing is you may not get a great room price as a walk-up but (imho) that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Thanks GoldenOldie for your advice.

NEVER judge a book by it's cover, NEVER judge a hotel by it's pictures!!! Words to Remember!! :smooth:

We already have vouchers for the hotel, would getting a refund be a problem (or even a possibility)?

Thanks again,

HHGhost

13 Days!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

BTW, if a hotel refuses to let you look at a room, run away to another hotel. There are plenty of other hotels in Orlando that will gladly let you look at a room before checking in.

We stayed at the hotel who's parking lot connected to that big McDonald's near International Drive, I think at the time it was a Quality - far from quality-dirty, smelly...

Uuuuuhh, we've booked the Quality Inn International, next to the big McDonalds.
Please tell me we're talking aout different hotels.........

Pig Soldier
We stayed at the Quality Inn International over Easter 2000. I'm quite fussy and did not find this hotel to be dirty or smelly. Our room was fairly basic but always clean. We also found the pool areas to be clean. here's alink to a current thread about this hotel which is on the UK DIS at the moment.
http://216.247.178.123/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005308.html
It's all positive.

HHGhost:

It can't hurt to ask for a refund or credit for the hotel vouchers. Different packages have different rules about things like that. Some let you substitute other places, some don't. Go for it!

Here in Minneapolis, the Radisson downtown is one of the nicest hotels in town, so we figured we couldn't go wrong with the one in LBV, right? WRONG!!! The hotel was run down, dirty, the 'breakfast buffet' was ok but the 'dining room' for dinner consisted of 3 tables in the bar where they would go to a restaurant in the Crossroads and bring you back a meal...
We were on the 5th floor, and one of the 2 elevators didn't work, and the other one took about 90 seconds per floor when it wasn't stopping for each floor, which wasn't too often since it was the only one working...
The 'convenient complementary shuttle bus service' consisted of 3 trips to the parks in the morning and 2 trips back in the late afternoon, so no staying til closing unless you wanted to cab back, and the bus we took to the MK had been cleaned with some combination of ingredients that left some toxic gas in it that was so bad we were still coughing 2 days later...
The one good thing about this hotel is it convinced us NEVER to stay offsite again, and we finally bought into DVC!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter