• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Housekeeping

Did Disney ever give a reason for not going back to full service every day?

Did Disney ever give a reason for not going back to full service every day?
I think coming out of Covid they were citing staffing shortages.

I think now most think it is just a cost savings decision by Disney.

I think coming out of Covid they were citing staffing shortages.

I think now most think it is just a cost savings decision by Disney.

Seeing that we are now 4 years removed from the start of Covid, I have to agree with most people.

If they are going to cheap out and not clean our rooms every day, I wish they would at least provide hampers for all of the dirty linen that accumulates when the rooms are not being tended to.

Is there an extra charge for requesting housekeeping everyday at Pop Century?
~NM

Full service every other day.

Supplies available at anytime by calling.
Every other day sounds good, compared to the Hyatt we stay in (not in Orlando) when visiting family - there, rooms are serviced every three days. I think it was the same at the Marriott Residence Inn and the Marriott Courtyard we've stayed in recently in other cities. IOW, I don't think Disney is an outlier in terms of housekeeping services in their hotels.

We stayed at Marriott Courtyard last month and the official “policy” on housekeeping was every other day. However, we got housekeeping every day with the exception of 1 day. Agree that Disney is not unique in this.

The fact remains that Disney had everyday Housekeeping pre-Covid and now only has every other day.

That is a drop in service for Disney no matter how many others are doing the same IMO.

I would say it is "listed" as every other day. It was a horrible experience for us a couple of weeks ago. It took several phone calls, a security CM to get involved and me being persistent to get service to our rooms. That being said, I did book Pop again to see if this was a flyer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter