How about 2 days @ Castaway Cay on the 4 Day Wonder instead of a day @ sea?

cathie

Castaway Cay Girl
Will Disney ever have 2 days @ Castaway Cay?.Those of us who love CC could have a 2nd day there & those who don't want to leave the ship could spend their day on board. Has Disney ever considered this? Cathie

Disney did two days at Castaway Cay on the 4 day DVC Member Cruise in February. Not sure if they were doing it just as a treat for us or as a test (my guess would be both). We sailed on Sunday, did CC on Monday, Nassau on Tuesday, and back to CC on Wednesday. It was great! Since we missed CC on our first cruise in October of '99 this evened it out for us - 5 cruises with 5 visits to CC. Each one was better than the next!

As much as I love CC I still love days at sea. I would not want them to change it.

DCL has also said they would not stay docked overnight at CC due to a severe bug problem when the sun goes down. They said it can be unbearable and they would not subject their guests to that.

MJ

MJ I agree with you. As much as I loved the two different days at Castaway Cay I love my sea days as well. Now if they would do a 4-day cruise with Castaway Cay, Sea day, and Castaway Cay I'd book it in a second. Who needs Nassau!

Is the ship really crowded on the day @ sea...the pools must be crazy. How about the movies & shows? Cathie

I too heard that the bugs are unbearable in the evening hours. I looked up Abacos Islands on the web and checked out the history of CC and the concern was the bugs.......

I also believe that is why DCL would not consider a resort on island at this time......wouldn't want their guests eaten alive!!!

I would love to visit CC on two different days and eliminate Nassau as well!!

MJ

I wonder if the location of CC has something to do with it. My DH and I have been to Great Guana Cay in the Abacos a few times. Since it is on the other side of Great Abaco Island and gets great breeze from the Atlantic that may be a reason the bugs aren't as bad. The mosquitos were definitely there, but no worse than Florida in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter