How about a Pirates DIS Meet - June 24, 2006

Tink33

Disneyland Parade High Kicker
It has been a while since we had a big Disneyland DIS meet. Some of the craziest/funniest Disneyland memories I have are dancing down Main Street in tutus with my DIS friends, getting the attention of every performer in the Electrical Parade because of our "enthusiasm", and a meal at Ariel's Grotto that no one (including Goofy and Minnie) will ever forget.

With the premiere of the Pirates of the Caribbean 2 Movie, I thought it would be fun to plan a big Pirate DIS Meet.

Here are some preliminary plans:

12:30 pm - Lunch at the New and Improved Cafe Orleans.

3:00 pm - Lining the Red Carpet for pictures and autographs from the cast. pirate:

6:30 pm - Drinks at the Lost Bar. pirate:

Is anyone interested? I would be happy to plan a fun-filled day or weekend.

How cool! pirate: I only wish I could make it out there for that. Sounds like a blast.

That sounds great Tink, but I won't be there until the 27th. :sad1:

My DH and I will be there on the 24th. DH really would like to see the celebs walking down the red carpet! It would be neat to have a meet. :cool1:

I'm all for the red carpet part. One of my goals is to get Orlando Bloom's signature in my Lord of the Rings book (I already have Dominic Monaghan), so I'm planning on staking out that red carpet early.

POTC will be closed till the 26th and fantasmic will be closed june 17 till 28th.
I will be taking my first trip june 17 and will be missing both attractions.
For some cruel reason they changed the potc from the 24th which is my last day there, to the 26th.
I'm bummed out big time!

Kelly & Brandi are already planning on being there early on that day. I'd love to meet up w/you & hang out & hopefully see some celebs :cool:

rstamm said:
POTC will be closed till the 26th and fantasmic will be closed june 17 till 28th.
I will be taking my first trip june 17 and will be missing both attractions.
For some cruel reason they changed the potc from the 24th which is my last day there, to the 26th.
I'm bummed out big time!

I am too! One of the reasons for our 1st trip to DL was to see the original versions of the rides! Oh well, it will still be a blast! DH was there when he was a young child, but really doesn't remember a lot of it. So it will be like the first time for both of us!

This is from Disney....

The movie premiere of the new Walt Disney Pictures film, “Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Curse” will be held at Disneyland Park on Saturday evening, June 24th.

In order for this invitation-only premiere to take place, Disneyland Park will close at 5 p.m. The Park will open at 6:30 a.m. that day so that Guests may enjoy as much of Disneyland as possible during that limited operation day.

Please note that on June 24th, the following will not operate: Guided Tours, the Walt Disney Parade of Dreams, Fantasmic!, Remember, Dreams Come True, Tom Sawyer’s Island, and the actual Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

I'm not sure how this will affect your plans.

I want to do a DIS meet. It sounds like fun. I want to join yall. Pretty please with sugar lumps on top!!

We don't arrive at SNA until the 25th, and probably won't hit the parks until the 26th and 27th, but we're getting a citypass, so we'll probably go back another day if we get a chance.

darren

Kelly, Jen, Kacey, Mary Jo, Stacerita, and EVERYONE is invited.

Okay it is now June and I want to make some plans. Since Blue Bayou is out, how about lunch at the improved Cafe Orleans? I understand you will be able to get a Monte Cristo sandwich there when they open this month.

And top on the list will be for Jen to get her autograph. I just had a thought when you mentioned Dominic Monaghan. I wonder if the cast from Lost will be there since they are an ABC/Disney owned show. My son and I are the biggest Lost Fans... Okay, back on track. I have a big mouth and I will continue to yell at Orlando Bloom and promise to stop yelling if he comes over for your autograph Jen. pirate:

Any other ideas?

I would like to have some meets planned throughout the day so that people can come and go as they like.

And if you are bringing kids let me know so that I can plan on some Pirate Booty for them.

we are flying into LAX on the 24th at 1030. We plan on going to the park after we check into GC (I'm thinking 1pm). Be advised-my co-worker is a big Deppaholic and she and other people she has met (lots) online are going to be at the park at 630am and line up to wait till the stars come that evening. I'm supposed to look for her to give her a bathroom break (can you believe that?) So it sounds like a crowded mess to me. I'm afraid the park will be filled to capacity and they won't let us in, even though I already have my pass! I bought my DS a Pirates shirt at Target yesterday-a lot cheaper than at the parks and it was actually Disney merchandise!

Unfortunatley I won't be able to make it. I have a training to go to that weekend. I do plan on being at the park on the 26th though. I didn't realize how much I would miss POTC. I can't wait to ride it.

I'll be there :thumbsup2

Kelly won't be home from the Bahamas until the 25th (she's bummed ... lol) so she's going to miss the crowds and the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter