• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How are Fast Pass Bookings Going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, I feared that it'll be very busy with the opening of Galaxy's Edge, but when I was able to get all the FP's that I wanted, I don't think it'll be too bad. We intentionally booked early september because it usually has lower crowds, so the opening of Galaxy's Edge was kinda a downer to me (but I'm very excited to visit it though!).

Unless I am misinterpreting posts in several different threads, it seems most people (like me!) who are going in early (like me!) to mid September are not having too hard a time getting wanted fast passes, but it gets a little trickier for those going in early October -possibly because of fall break crowds? I am still clinging to the hope that parks other than HS will not have swarms of people after GE opens, and that HS crowds, especially in the mornings, will be concentrated in GE.

We booked our October 1st trip hoping to get in one more trip before SGE opened. Since booking they announced SGE would open in August, new Epcot show and Gondolas would open in late September. It's going to be insane for our trip and that was the last thing we wanted to happen. Oh well.

I would not worry about not being able to get ANY FP at the 60 day mark. Just keep trying I.e. refresh method. They will come up especially for only a party of 2. I have never had a problem getting SAME DAY FPs for any ride including 7DMT, FOP, slinky, ToT, RnR, etc. Love going to MK with FP. Can ride 10-15 of them all day each with a FP. Crazy how some people are waiting in standby with a 50 minute wait and I just fresh the app and can get a FP for a much shorter wait. It amazes me how many people do not understand how to fully use the app to get FPs (which I guess is good for me!). :)
Not everyone who is standing in stand by is clueless about how the app works. We stand in the stand by line when we have a fastpass we consider more important and can't adjust the time.

I booked ours this morning for a 5 day trip. I was able to get 7DMT for 60+4, couldn't get SDD or FOP at all.

Dang, I'm now debating if I should even look for SDD or FOP and just focus on Seven Dwarfs on our last day.

Dang, I'm now debating if I should even look for SDD or FOP and just focus on Seven Dwarfs on our last day.

Fortunately, my kids are early risers, so I'm eagerly awaiting reports from the first week or two of EEMH and hoping it's not too awfully crowded.

7DMT is readily available every day (I booked my passes Tuesday). I wouldn't worry about that. Only having 2 people will for sure help with SDD and FOP. I don't know how long your trip is, but I would focus on getting FOP and rope drop SDD during EEMH.

Unless I am misinterpreting posts in several different threads, it seems most people (like me!) who are going in early (like me!) to mid September are not having too hard a time getting wanted fast passes, but it gets a little trickier for those going in early October -possibly because of fall break crowds? I am still clinging to the hope that parks other than HS will not have swarms of people after GE opens, and that HS crowds, especially in the mornings, will be concentrated in GE.
I know the crowds start picking up at the beginning of October because Columbus day week gets heavy crowds, plus people start coming in to do the October MNSSHP nights. Those get more popular the closer you get to Halloween. We went mid September last year and the crowds IMO were not that bad, but the reports I saw from Touring Plans and other places said it was above average crowd levels the week I was there. Historically September is usually slow for crowds because it is between school starting back and fall breaks.

So in order to get FOP or SDD, you really need to be staying a whole week or more? (generally speaking, not always)

I have been modifying and looking for others for my 09/09-09/16 trip and for some reason a ton just opened up today. I just got a FOP for my 60+1 at 8:10AM and a SDMT on my 60+4 also at the same time. There are also still FOP available for early times right now if anyone else going on those dates. Only thing that hasn’t popped up is SDD

I have been modifying and looking for others for my 09/09-09/16 trip and for some reason a ton just opened up today. I just got a FOP for my 60+1 at 8:10AM and a SDMT on my 60+4 also at the same time. There are also still FOP available for early times right now if anyone else going on those dates. Only thing that hasn’t popped up is SDD

I've given up on SDD, will decide if we want to ride standby it when we get there. It really just depends when we get our Boarding Passes for SWGE, that may be something to do while we wait as TOT and RNR are not of any interest to us.

I've given up on SDD, will decide if we want to ride standby it when we get there. It really just depends when we get our Boarding Passes for SWGE, that may be something to do while we wait as TOT and RNR are not of any interest to us.

I snagged a SDD for 2 on 9/11 but it is for 6:45PM. Haven't been able to modify at all. Plan to hit SWGE 6AM that day and then get the hell out of dodge. Might try to do TOT and RNR early but not stressing if I don’t. Back at night for dinner, SDD, and Fantasmic and that will be the last I see of HS for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter