How are the mosquitoes?

DJP1201

Mouseketeer
I’ll be there in two weeks. Going to all the parks and staying at AKL. Can I get a mosquito update?

We were there 11/24-11/29, staying at YC, and had no issues with mosquitos.

Can't tell you about the hotels, as we stay offsite. But I don't know I've ever been bitten by one inside a park. I know for sure they weren't there 2 weeks ago.

Mosquitoes are really nothing to worry about. In years of going to Disney I've never worn bug spray and rarely ever see a mosquito. They spray and do a great job at keeping them away

I can't recall every getting bitten by a mosquito at Disney in a lot of trips. I know people lost their collective minds with the whole Zika overreaction but I would't worry about it.

The only place I've ever been bitten by mosquitos was at the Fantasia mini-golf course across from the Dolphin in October. AND I was the only one in our party getting bit!!

They were bad near the boat docks at Contemporary and Polynesian back in mid-November. I usually never see any.

We just got back. I got one mosquito bite at AK and my son had one as well. That was it!

This might sound hard to believe, but in the 25 years I've been going to WDW as an adult, I have NEVER, as far as I can remember, been bitten by a mosquito. Two in my family are mosquito-magnets, and they have never had any trouble either.

In all the years i've been going to disney world, i have never been bit by a mosquito on property. Not in the parks, not at disney springs, not at resorts. And i get bit ALL summer here at home! I only remember one summer where the mosquitos were really bad, back in the 90s, they were all over one of the ferry boats from MK. But even then i didn't get bit! guess i was just lucky!

I've never had an issue at the parks and I've been going for over 30 years. We have been there twice since Irma and I've gotten bit both times! Nothing catastrophic and I'm not wearing bug spray, but I have noticed a difference. Hopefully the forecasted cool weather this weekend will kill some of them off.

I have never seen a mosquito while at WDW.

My left foot and leg were treated like a buffet during the trip we just got home from, Nov. 24 through Dec. 2, 2017. First bite was at Epcot, and just collected more along the way. This is the first trip where I was bitten by mosquitoes. I counted about seven bites by the end of the trip.

I was so concerned we had bugs in our bed, but my wife and daughter didn't have any bites. And, after looking over the bedding and mattress, we didn't spot anything nefarious.

I was just unlucky this trip.

Bf and I both got some mosquito bites while at the AKL in mid-November. At least I am hoping they were mosquito bites... Definitely keep the balcony doors closed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter